How to Reach Bursa
HOW TO GET TO BURSA
- By Plane: Bursa has one international airport that caters to a couple of flights from foreign airlines. Though most of the time one might need to take a transit flight through Turkey’s main international airports such as Istanbul’s Ataturk and Sabiha Gokcen that are nearest to the city to get in.
- By Train: Bursa does not have its own railway system. One can take a high-speed train from Ankara to Eskisehir and then hail a bus from the front of station to reach Bursa.
- By Bus: Since there is a no direct train route to Bursa, there are number of buses that a person can hail from all the major cities in Turkey such as Istanbul, Ankara, Izmir, and Antalya. They are reasonably priced and has proved to be an easier means to commute.
- By Car: A car ride can be taken through the highway from major metropolis to reach the city. The roads are well connected (north and east) which makes it a convenient means to travel.
- By Boat: Ferries are common means of transport in Turkey to get to places when it comes to traveling. There are two options to get into Bursa- Ferries operated by BUDO and IDO. The bookings can be done online but only if a person has a Turkish phone number.
HOW TO GET AROUND BURSA
- By Metro: There is a metro line called Bursaray that connects suburbs to the northwest.
- By Bus: Buses are the major modes of commutation in the city. Bursa is home to an extended network of buses and bus-like dolmuses. They are cheap for one’s pocket and convenient enough to provide a comfortable ride across the city.
- By Cabs: Cabs are easily available all the time for the travelers who does not wish to use public transport for commutation.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Bursa. The most preferred mode of transport in Bursa is Car.
Average distance: 16.52 km Average time: 36.41 min
Car 41.38%Driving 27.75 min Walking 0.92 min Overall average time for 15.08 kms 28.67 min
Walking 13.79%Walking 30 min Driving 8.75 min Tram 6.75 min Bus 5 min Waiting 2.25 min Train 1.25 min Other 0.5 min Overall average time for 21.25 kms 54.5 min
Motorbike 3.45%Motorbike 10 min Overall average time for 30 kms 10 min
Train/Metro 31.03%Train 31.67 min Waiting 6.33 min Walking 4.67 min Bus 0.78 min Overall average time for 17.33 kms 43.44 min
Bus/Trolleybus 6.9%Bus 27.5 min Train 7.5 min Waiting 7.5 min Walking 1 min Overall average time for 12.5 kms 43.5 min
Bike 3.45%Bike 6 min Overall average time for 2 kms 6 min
|Kestel to Bursa||16.88 km||16 mins|
|Armutlu to Bursa||41.17 km||41 mins|
|Kadıköy to Bursa||76.93 km||1 hour 16 mins|
|Sultanbeyli to Bursa||78.92 km||1 hour 18 mins|
|Istanbul to Bursa||79.99 km||1 hour 19 mins|
|Fatih to Bursa||82.06 km||1 hour 22 mins|
|Umraniye to Bursa||82.17 km||1 hour 22 mins|
|Degirmendere to Bursa||90.55 km||1 hour 30 mins|
|Esenyurt to Bursa||92.47 km||1 hour 32 mins|
|Sarıyer to Bursa||95 km||1 hour 35 mins|