About Chungnyeolsa, Busan
This is one of the popular shrine of Busan, build in honor of the Koreans who died while fighting against the Japanese invasion (1592 – 1599) headed by Hideyoshi Toyotomi. It was a small number of unprepared Koreans who fought against the Japanese troop armed with matchlock guns. This shrine was first built in 1605. Later on, it was moved in 1652. At present, a lecture hall has also been added. The whole shrine spreads over 90,000 square meters (approximately). It includes a main hall, a small park, 15 other structures, a pond and a hiking trail leading to the remains of Dongnae Fortress.
The main shrine is dedicated to the 22 officers, soldiers and 61 volunteer fighters who died heroically while resisting Japanese troop. The Chungnyeol tower memorializes the heroic deeds of those Korean patriots who took part in the war.
- It is a great place to spend quiet afternoon.
- Learn some Korean history.
- No buses directly stop in front of the shrine. So, be careful to look for the shrine while travelling in bus. Once you see it, just get off the bus and backtrack.
- There are free admission for- Children of 7 years or below, Seniors above 65years.
- Uniformed military officer on the Armed Forces Day.
- Wounded military officers / police personnel recuperating at the hospital.
- Children under 13 on the Children’s Day.
- State guests, diplomatic mission or its executioners.
- Visitors for the purpose of execution of public affairs, public interest, academic project.
- Men of merit.
- Disabled (Also no charge for 1 companion for 1st – 3rd degree disabled).
- Men of merit participated in war.
- Elementary, middle school and high school students visiting for educational purpose.
Chungnyeolsa Tickets Prices
- Adults (19 – 64) – 200 won
- Adults (19 – 64) – 100 won (more than 30 people group)
- Youth, children & soldiers – 100 won (individuals), 50 won (more than 30 people group)
How To Get To Chungnyeolsa by Public Transport
- Nearby stop – Allak Rotary
- Intra-city bus – 89, 189, 48, 29, 129
- Bus no. – 307 from Gimhae airport
Restaurants Near Chungnyeolsa
- Seongbo Bbyuhdagwitang
- Hanyang Jokbal
- Dongnae Halmae Pajeon
- Outback Steakhouse Dong-rae Busan
- Hurshimchung Baru
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Busan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Busan and book an accommodation of your choice.
Address: 345 Chungnyeol-daero, Dongnae-gu, Busan
Ticket Price: 200 KRW
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 8.8K times in trip plans
Park, Hiking Trail, Play, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo Trip Planner
Book Chungnyeolsa Tickets And Tours
Combine nature and ancient history on a private guided day trip to Junam Wetlands Park and the Haeinsa Temple. Avid birders can bust out binoculars to spot thousands of feathered friends such as the white-naped crane and Eurasian spoonbill at Koreaâs largest migratory bird habitat. Afterward, your private group heads to Haeinsa Temple, built during the Silla dynasty, to examine 13th-century woodblocks carved with the Tripitaka Koreana, the most complete collection of Buddhist scriptures in existence. Lunch plus round-trip hotel transport from Busan are included.
Delve into Koreaâs natural and cultural history on this full-day coach trip to Junam Wetlands Park and Haeinsa Temple from Busan. At Koreaâs largest migratory bird habitat, your knowledgeable guide will point out winter or summer waterfowl such as the Chinese oriole or white-naped crane. Then get a glimpse of the Silla dynasty at Haeinsa Temple, which houses 13th-century woodblocks carved with the Tripitaka Koreana, considered the most complete collection of Buddhist scriptures in existence. Lunch plus round-trip hotel transport from Busan are included.
Leave Busan behind and relax on a drive to the countryside during this full-day guided coach tour to Andong. Visit the UNESCO-listed Hahoe Folk Village, where youâll watch a mask dance performance and explore traditional houses. At the Andong Folk Museum, learn more about regional lifestyles that date back to the Joseon dynasty. Your day of sightseeing also includes a Korean lunch and round-trip hotel transport from Busan.
Peer out the windows of your coach vehicle to see Busan's twinkling lights on a 3-hour tour. Admire a shimmering skyline below from a vantage point at Mt Hwangryeong; drive to Gwangalli Beach, spanned by the illuminated Gwangan Bridge; and hover underneath the longest cantilever roof in the world at the Busan Cinema Center, site of the Busan International Film Festival. Listen to narration by an informative guide, and enjoy convenient round-trip hotel transport.
Share your experience - Rate Chungnyeolsa, Busan
- Other Attractions
- Nai Harn Beach
- Big Buddha
- Kata Noi Beach
- Soi Dog Foundation
- Gibbon Rehabilitation Project
- Wat Chalong Temple
- Phang Nga Bay
- Karon Beach
- Freedom Beach
- Phuket Fantasea
- Hotels for other Attractions
- Cheap Hotels Near Nai Harn Beach
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Big Buddha
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Kata Noi Beach
- 5 Star Hotels Near Soi Dog Foundation
- Budget Hotels Near Gibbon Rehabilitation Project
- Luxury Hotels Near Wat Chalong Temple
- Luxury Hotels Near Phang Nga Bay
- 5 Star Hotels Near Karon Beach
- 5 Star Hotels Near Freedom Beach
- Hotels Near Phuket Fantasea
- City Tripplans
- Busan Itinerary 5 Days
- Busan Itinerary 2 Days
- Busan Itinerary 6 Days
- Busan Itinerary 7 Days
- 8 Day Trip to Busan from Busan
- Busan Itinerary 4 Days
- 5 Day Trip to Busan from Busan
- Busan Itinerary 4 Days
- Busan Itinerary 1 Day
- 2 Day Trip to Busan from Busan