About Chungnyeolsa, Busan
Chungnyeolsa, Busan - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 345 Chungnyeol-daero, Dongnae-gu, Busan
Ticket Price: 200 KRW
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 9K times in trip plans
Park, Hiking Trail, Play, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This is one of the popular shrine of Busan, build in honor of the Koreans who died while fighting against the Japanese invasion (1592 – 1599) headed by Hideyoshi Toyotomi. It was a small number of unprepared Koreans who fought against the Japanese troop armed with matchlock guns. This shrine was first built in 1605. Later on, it was moved in 1652. At present, a lecture hall has also been added. The whole shrine spreads over 90,000 square meters (approximately). It includes a main hall, a small park, 15 other structures, a pond and a hiking trail leading to the remains of Dongnae Fortress.
The main shrine is dedicated to the 22 officers, soldiers and 61 volunteer fighters who died heroically while resisting Japanese troop. The Chungnyeol tower memorializes the heroic deeds of those Korean patriots who took part in the war.
- It is a great place to spend quiet afternoon.
- Learn some Korean history.
- No buses directly stop in front of the shrine. So, be careful to look for the shrine while travelling in bus. Once you see it, just get off the bus and backtrack.
- There are free admission for- Children of 7 years or below, Seniors above 65years.
- Uniformed military officer on the Armed Forces Day.
- Wounded military officers / police personnel recuperating at the hospital.
- Children under 13 on the Children’s Day.
- State guests, diplomatic mission or its executioners.
- Visitors for the purpose of execution of public affairs, public interest, academic project.
- Men of merit.
- Disabled (Also no charge for 1 companion for 1st – 3rd degree disabled).
- Men of merit participated in war.
- Elementary, middle school and high school students visiting for educational purpose.
Chungnyeolsa Ticket Prices
- Adults (19 – 64) – 200 won
- Adults (19 – 64) – 100 won (more than 30 people group)
- Youth, children & soldiers – 100 won (individuals), 50 won (more than 30 people group)
How To reach Chungnyeolsa by Public Transport
- Nearby stop – Allak Rotary
- Intra-city bus – 89, 189, 48, 29, 129
- Bus no. – 307 from Gimhae airport
Restaurants Near Chungnyeolsa
- Seongbo Bbyuhdagwitang
- Hanyang Jokbal
- Dongnae Halmae Pajeon
- Outback Steakhouse Dong-rae Busan
- Hurshimchung Baru
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Busan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Busan and book an accommodation of your choice.
Chungnyeolsa, Busan Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- My Hostel Busan York 마이호스텔 부산역게스트하우스
- Jinhae Gunhangje Festival
- Haeundae Centum Hotel
- Hostel The New Day
- Gukje Market
- Busan Exhibition And Convention Center
- Busan Amare Hotel
- Busan Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Busan
- What to See in 48 Hours in Busan
- What to See in 72 Hours in Busan
- How to Spend 5 Days in Busan
- How to Spend 6 Days in Busan
- How to Spend 7 Days in Busan