Dongbaek Island, BusanCurrently Closed
- Address: Jung-dong, Haeundae-gu, Busan, South Korea
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +82-517494084
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Beach, Island, Bridge, Walking Area, Historical Site, Monument, Statue, Family And Kids
About Dongbaek Island, Busan
Located at southern tip of Haeundae Beach, Dongbaek Island is one of the places to visit in Busan. Previously, it was an island. But with the accumulation of sediments, the island is now connected with the mainland by a landbridge. The long walking path around the island let you navigate the island. History says that the island honors Scholar Choi Chi-won. While walking, around the island, you will come across a bronze statue of the scholar and a monument in his memory. You will also pass by other attractions like the mermaid statue (representing the heart breaking love story of princess Topaz, the Nurimaru APEC House and the Carved stone. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Busan itinerary 1 day.
Dongbaek Island Information
- Parking facility and restrooms available.
- Spring is the best time to visit this island.
Dongbaek Island Opening and Closing Hours
- For Nurimaru APEC House – 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
How To reach Dongbaek Island by Public Transport
- Nearby bus stop – Uncheon Bus stop
- Busan Subway Line 2, Exit 1
- Bus no.s – 1003, 40
Restaurants Near Dongbaek Island
- BBQ Marine City
- IIpum Hanu
- Outback Steakhouse Haeundae
- Ganga Haeundae Store
- Mad for Garlic Haeundae
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Busan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Busan and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Dongbaek Island
95% of people who visit Busan include Dongbaek Island in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
62.25% of people start their Dongbaek Island visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Dongbaek Island
55.68% of people prefer walking in order to reach Dongbaek Island