Gwangalli BeachCurrently Open
- Address: Gwangan-dong, Suyeong-gu, Busan, Busan, South Korea
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +82-5161042113
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 04:30 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Gallery, Museum, Beach, Bridge, Club, Coffee House, Dine In, Restaurant, Entertainment, Performance, Play, Theatre, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Water Sport, Boating, Festival
Gwangalli Beach - Review
Gwangalli Beach or Gwangan Beach is one of the popular beaches in Busan. Located at Gwangan-dong, Suyeong-gu, the beach looks like a half carved moon with Gwangan bridge crossing over it. It is the fine sand of the beach that makes this place special among the tourists. At night the beach looks more beautiful with the bridge illuminated. At day time, you can enjoy fishing in the clean water of sea and prepare it on the spot itself. For adventurous tourists, you can rent a yacht from Olympic Yacht Rental. Water activities like jet skiing, Water-skiing, wakeboarding, windsurfing and banana boating can be enjoyed.
The beach has an outer concert stage where popular event, Busan Ocean festival and many other events are being held. For entertainment, museum, theatres, a cultural center and an art gallery are there. For foodies, lots of restaurants, coffee shops and nightclubs are there in alley where you can dine with your friends and families. It’s a great place to spend half a day for people of 20s and 30s. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Busan itinerary 1 day.
Gwangalli Beach Information
- Facilities available- Shower booth, changing room, water-supply area, rest room, free parking space area.
- Best time to visit – late June to late August.
- To get the best view of the beach from Diamond Bridge, visit the beach at night.
- The centre providing equipments for water activities remain closed on Mondays.
Gwangalli Beach Ticket Prices
- Rent yacht from Olympic Yacht Rental.
- Promotional packages of five items – 75,000 won (you can enjoy these for a whole day).
- Rental price becomes 25,000 won - for more than 20 people group; for students.
How To reach Gwangalli Beach by Public Transport
- Bus no. – 41, 42, 140, 239, 240, 139, 131, 131 -1
- Take city bus no.s- 131, 131-1 from Express Bus Terminal
- Bus station - Gwangan station (subway line no. 2, exit 3 or 5)
Restaurants Near Gwangalli Beach
- Galmegi Brewery
- Table 49
- Milak Heo Center
- Fuzzy Navel
- Basin-Robbins Busan Gwangan- daegyo store
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Busan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Busan and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Gwangalli Beach
95% of people who visit Busan include Gwangalli Beach in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
34.47% of people start their Gwangalli Beach visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
4 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 4 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Gwangalli Beach
91.53% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Gwangalli Beach
Gwangalli Beach Map
Gwangalli Beach Trips
Gwangalli Beach, Busan Reviews
You got some beach activities to do here. Also a beach volleyball net. A few cover spot if you want to suntan or lie down. Normally you can start swim around end of june when the temp is around 28. A lot of pub and eating foods that caters both koreans and international tourist. A lot of cafes also that have different concepts nearby. And a lot of hotels popping up around the area
I love this place, but the parasols are far too intrusive the last few years. In the summer if there is sunshine and you are catching it, someone will soon come along and put a parasols next to you and demand 5,000 won or you have to move way back near the sidewalk. Not really a public beach anymore. There are really good restaurants all over. Hulk and Black Panther scenes were filmed there. The bridge is beautiful especially at night. Free public WiFi is available, but can mostly only handle short texts, and that not reliably when crowded.
As an Australian, you might not be impressed with this beach but as an entertainment venue with pubs, restaurants, cafes, etc along its shore it's pretty great. Worth a casual walk and the bridge enhances rather than hinders the view.
very beautiful place, especially at night when the bridge lights up, there are a lot of restaurants and cafes to chill or have a meal while admiring the view. in my opinion, one of the must see sights if you are in busan
This beach is one of the popular beaches in busan. It's good to go here in the evening around 6 and stay there for 2 to 3 hours. The busan bridge in night is lit completely and gwangali beach is the best place to see the amazing view. Also around the beach area lots of hotels and other buildings are there which look amazing in night light. Ajummas sell fire works on the beach which are like 2000 wons and lot of people light these at the end of the beach. It's great to watch the fire crackers being lit by so many people. Taking a walk along the beach we can enjoy all these beautiful things mentioned above.
All QuestionsGwangalli beach
- Woodbury United Methodist Church
- Nichol's Pond Dam
- Woodbury Town Hall
- Lake Ashmere
- Bass Ridge Country Club
- Hinsdale Library
- Youth Center And Playground
- Peru State Wildlife Management Area
- Belmont Reservoir Dam
- Bissellville Campground
- Camp Emerson
- Stritch Sculpture Garden
- Fernwood Forest Campground
- Frances Rice Wildlife Refuge
- Camp Ashmere