Haedong Yonggungsa TempleCurrently Closed
- Address: 416-3, Sirang-ri, Gijang-eup, Gijang-gun, Busan, South Korea
- Timings: 04:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +82-517227744
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
Haedong Yonggungsa Temple - Review
Located on the northeast coast of Busan, this temple is the southernmost temple of South Korea. It is also considered as one of the three sacred places of Goddess Buddha. Its uniqueness is its location as most of the temples of Busan are located on the top of mountain, whereas Haedong Yonggungsa temple is right in front of the sea. This temple was built by the great Buddhist teacher, Naong in 1376, during Goryeo dynasty.
Haesu Gwaneum Daebul (Seawater Great Goddess Buddha), Daeungjeon Main Sanctuary, Yongwangdang Shrine, Gulbeop Buddhist Sanctum (enclosed in a cave) and a three-story pagoda with four lions is the overall structure of the temple. Other feature of the temple to watch out is 108 steps. These steps add up the beauty of the temple. While moving down the steps, you can stop mid way and watch the beautiful sunrise (if you are going early morning).
It is best to come in the month of April, when the birth of Buddha is celebrated. The entire temple is lit up with electrically lit lanterns. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Busan itinerary 1 day.
Haedong Yonggungsa Temple Information
- Early morning is the best time to avoid crowds.
- Bring water and good walking shoes.
- Parking facility available.
- Pets are allowed.
- Interpretation service is not offered.
- Best time to visit the temple is in April when Buddha’s birthday is being celebrated.
Haedong Yonggungsa Temple Ticket Prices
- For car parking – 2,000 won and For buses – 5,000 won.
How To reach Haedong Yonggungsa Temple by Public Transport
- Haeundae station, Busan station line 2, exit 7
- Take Bus 181 and get off at Yonggungsa Temple
Restaurants Near Haedong Yonggungsa Temple
- Yeongbyeon Fwaet-jip
- Irya Irya
- High Bistro
- Maksseoreopaneun Hoetjip
- Busan Hoetjip
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Busan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Busan and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Haedong Yonggungsa Temple
95% of people who visit Busan include Haedong Yonggungsa Temple in their plan
06 AM - 07 AM
25.97% of people start their Haedong Yonggungsa Temple visit around 06 AM - 07 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Haedong Yonggungsa Temple
86.71% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Haedong Yonggungsa Temple
Haedong Yonggungsa Temple Map
Haedong Yonggungsa Temple Trips
2 Views14 Days 13 Nights14 Day Trip to Seoul, Busan, Incheon, Jeju-si from CasulaBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Jeju-si, Busan, Incheon, Seoul
Haedong Yonggungsa Temple, Busan Reviews
All QuestionsHaedong yonggungsa temple
- Eleele Baptist Church
- Episcopal Church On West Kauai
- Kauai Sea Tours
- Holo Holo Charters
- Captain Andy's Sailing Adventures
- Port Allen Small Boat Harbor
- King's Cathedral & Chapels
- Bubbles Below Scuba Charters
- Kauai Charter Sportfishing
- Glass Beach
- Queensbath Princeville Kauai
- Kauai Charter Sport Fishing
- Actors - Ames Community Theater
- Wakefield Woods
- The Space For Ames