How to Reach Busan - The Easiest Way to Reach Busan
HOW TO GET TO BUSAN
- By Air: Gimhae International Airport is the third most important airport of Korea. International flights coming from Japan (Tokyo, Osaka, Fukuoka, Nagoya), China (Beijing, Shanghai, Weihai, Qingdao, Shenyang, Xi’an), Philippines (Manila, Cebu, Kalibo) and Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh, Hanoi) are landed in this airport of Busan. If you are coming from other places like Russia, Thailand, Malaysia and Taiwan, your flight will land in this airport. From the airport, take a taxi or hire a car to reach the city.
- By Train: A well connected Korean rail network is there. If you are coming by train to Busan from Seoul, Regular KTX trains are there to reach Busan station. This station is located at the center of the city. Another station is Gupo station. It is closely located to the airport. Haeundae station serves other trains connecting to Gyeongju, Pohang, Miryang and Seoul as well.
- By Bus: Dongbu Intercity bus terminal and Seobu Intercity bus terminal are the two major bus stations from where you can reach to Busan by bus from other major cities of South Korea.
- By Ferry: International Ferry Terminal has regular international ferry to Busan from Japan. There is another one regular ferry from and to Jeju.
HOW TO GET AROUND BUSAN
- By Bus: Busan has a well-connected bus system. However, try to avoid riding the bus during rush hours as you might not get a seat. Busan has a bumpy road route. So, standing all through the journey will not be an exciting idea.
- By Taxi: Ample taxis are available on Busan’s road. So, moving from one destination to another by car in Busan, is not at all a difficult job.
- By Subway: The four major lines of subway connect most of the interesting places of this city. That’s why, it is considered as a convenient mode of transportation.
- By Bike: Biking is possible in Busan. However, you need to be careful as the road structure is not quite safe for bikers.
Are you looking for a Busan travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Busan
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Busan. The most preferred mode of transport in Busan is Train/Metro.
Average distance: 16.83 km Average time: 32.67 min
Train/Metro 66.67%Train 21.5 min Walking 3 min Waiting 2 min Overall average time for 10.25 kms 26.5 min
Car 33.33%Driving 45 min Overall average time for 30 kms 45 min
How to Reach Busan from Nearby Cities
|Changwon to Busan||46.03 km||46 mins|
|Gyeongju-si to Busan||51.42 km||51 mins|
|Geoje-si to Busan||53.86 km||53 mins|
|Gyeongsan-si to Busan||58.93 km||58 mins|
|Pohang-si to Busan||67.19 km||1 hour 7 mins|
|Daegu to Busan||71.83 km||1 hour 11 mins|
|Chilgok-gun to Busan||94.27 km||1 hour 34 mins|
|Gyeongsangnam-do to Busan||97.61 km||1 hour 37 mins|
|Chang-won to Busan||155.47 km||2 hours 35 mins|
|Fukuoka-shi to Busan||182.43 km||3 hours 2 mins|