Seokbulsa TempleCurrently Open [Closes at 07:00 pm]
- Address: San 2, Mandeok 1-dong, Buk-gu, Busan, South Korea
- Timings: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Mountain, Family And Kids
Seokbulsa Temple - Review
Though it is difficult to find, Seokbulsa temple (also known as Rock Buddha temple) is a worth visit place of Busan. Previously it was known as Byeongpungam heritage because of the way the rocks were faced like a screen in between the mountains. However, after the carving of 30-foot Buddha, Boddhisattvas and the guardians done on the mountainside, the name changed into Seokbulsa temple.
A 30 minute hike from the parking area will let you reach to the temple. Many people do not speak much about this temple because it is very difficult to reach. But after you reach, when you arch your neck to get a proper view of the entire temple, you are going to be in awe of its beauty. It will make you accept that your hiking has not gone into waste. For exploration, there are numerous buildings and cave alters surrounding the temple. From the courtyard, you get stunning view of Busan. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Busan itinerary 1 day.
Seokbulsa Temple Information
- Start your journey in early morning.
- Hiking for around 1 ½ hour is required. So, you need to have strong foot.
- Follow the signs while hiking the route along Geumjeong Mountain. Still, if you feel confused, ask the locals for the direction.
- Carry light weighted bags so that you don’t feel overburden while walking.
- Several entry points are there around Geumjeong mountain.
- Bring lots of water.
- If hiking is not your genre, take cable car from the bottom of the mountain.
- The trail is not so travel-friendly for old people, kids and pregnant women.
How To reach Seokbulsa Temple by Public Transport
- Nearby Station- Oncheonjang Station
- From here, follow the signs and walk towards Geumgang Park. Here, you can take cable car or can hike.
Restaurants Near Seokbulsa Temple
- Deulmae Tojongdwaeji Sundaegukbap Ori Nongwon
- Lotteria Busan Mandeok Store
- Halmae Gamjatang
- Land of Pizza Mandeok-Dong
- Caffe Bene Busan Minam Station Store
- Dongnae Byeoljang
- Busan Jagalchi Wanggomjangeo
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Busan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Busan and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Seokbulsa Temple
44.82% of people who visit Busan include Seokbulsa Temple in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
32.85% of people start their Seokbulsa Temple visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Seokbulsa Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Seokbulsa Temple
Seokbulsa Temple Trips
1 View28 Days 27 Nights28 Day Trip to Bangkok, Tokyo, Seoul, Kyoto, Osaka-shi, Busan from Staten IslandBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Bangkok, Seoul, Busan