Yongdusan Park, Busan
About Yongdusan Park, Busan
Yongdusan Park, Busan - Address, Phone Number
Address: 37-55, Yongdusan-gil, Jung-gu, Busan
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 22.5K times in trip plans
Park, Family And Kids, Tower
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This park is located in Jung-gu, Busan. It is said to be one of the 3 popular mountains in Busan. Earlier it was known as Songhyunsan, which means a mountain having a view of the beautiful sea through its dense pine forest. Later the name was changed to Youngdusan, where Yongdu means dragon’s head. It is said that the mountain park looks like a dragon head.
The most popular and visible feature of this park is the Busan Tower. It is a symbol of Busan stand 69m above the sea level and has a height of 120m. The tower resembles baldaquin of Dabotap Pagoda (of Bulguksa temple, Gyeongju). At the top of the tower, there is Observatory from where you can get a perfect view of the entire city. Beside this, other attractions within the park are :-
- Museum of World Folk Instruments – It’s a two story building containing different musical instrument like instruments made of fruits, human knee bones and rat skin
- Exhibition Hall of World Model Boats – It contains 80 models of traditional Korean yellow-hemp sailboats, turtle ships, luxury cruise ships and classy warships.
Yongdusan Park Information
- 50 Parking space is available only for vehicle carrying disabled people, tour buses carrying at least 12 tourists and cars carrying nationals.
- For disabled – elevator, wheelchair lift and restrooms are available.
- World Music Instruments Museum is closed on Mondays.
- Traditional arts performance is held on every Saturday (March – November) from 3pm onwards.
- Sky lounge is there ( for coffee and other beverages).
- Souvenir shop
- Book cafe
- Rest area
- Convenience store
- Other contact number is +82-51-2455314/+82-51-860-7820 (Korean)
Yongdusan Park Ticket Prices
- Yongdusan Park : free.
- Busan tower, For age 16 & above: 4,000 won, Age 13 – 15 – 3,500 won
- For Observatory, Adults (above 16): 4,000won (personal), 3,500won (in group of 20 or more).
- Children (under16) and seniors: 3,500 won (personal), 3,000 won (in group of 20 or more).
- For The Museum of Musical Instruments of the World: Adults (above 16) – 2,500won (personal), 2,000won (in group of 20 or more).
- Children (under16) and seniors: 2,000 won (personal), 1,500 won (in group of 20 or more).
- Integrated tickets – Observatory and Museum: Adults (above 16) – 5,000won (personal), 4,000won (in group of 20 or more).
- Children (under16) and seniors: 4,500 won (personal), 3,500 won (in group of 20 or more).
Yongdusan Park Opening and Closing Hours
- Opening hours for Busan Tower Observatory: 9.00 am – 10.00 pm (October – March) and 8.30 am – 10.00 pm (April – September).
- Ticket office closes at 9:45 pm.
- World Music Instruments Museum – 10:00 am – 6:00 pm.
How To reach Yongdusan Park by Public Transport
- Nampo- dong station – go out Exit 1 of Nampo- dong station
- Gumi Cultural Center is another nearby bus station
- From Jung-gu Gwangbok-dong Fashion Street, take escalator to the park
- Bus no.s – 8, 15, 126 ; Airport bus – 161, 61
Restaurants Near Yongdusan Park
- Naadam Coffee Roasting House
- Seoul Kkakdugi
- Ijaemo Pizza
- Pasta Vanita
- Halmae Gaya Milmyeon
- Pho Bay
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Busan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Busan and book an accommodation of your choice.
Yongdusan Park, Busan Reviews - Write a Review
용두산공원은 내가 국민학교 6학년때 처음으로 왔던 곳이다. 그때의 기억은 높다는 것과 비둘기들이 많았던 것 뿐이다. 약 38년만에 다시찾은 이곳은 많은 것을 느낄 수 있게 한다. 먼저 부산항의 바다길 경치가 시원하게 보인다. 사방으로 펼쳐지는 도심경관과 부산항의 절경들도 새삼 아름답게 느껴진다. 수많은 배들이 담고 있는 인생들과 고단한 삶들이 보인다. 도심에 접근성이 좋은 공원과 타워를 가진 부산이 부럽다. 시내에서 접근도 아주 편리하다. 면세점이 한창 막바지 공사중이다. 다만,주차장은 이미 포화상태로 부족하고 개선이 시급해 보인다.
Nice park to walk around and chill. Decent view and easy to access. Worth spending your morning or afternoon here if you visit Busan. Don't recommend to go up to Busan tower though, to me is a waste of money cuz nothing great up there.
Well worth a trip up on a clear day. Only 8000 for a ticket. There were people constantly cleaning the windows.
good for family picnic. large park with various experience. you can see a street art here or even going higher to see busan landscape from Busan tower.
A bit of a bias here as I went to this place when the tower is shut down. No signs at the bottom of the hill saying it is close until you actually walk up there. And the entrance that has the escalator is quite hidden. But overall a nice clean park. Would go again and give a more fair assessment if I ever go back to Korea again
- Nearby Attractions
- Yeongdodaegyo Bridge
- Naval Academy Museum
- Yonggungsa Temple
- Hi Korea Hostel
- Busan Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Busan
- What to See in 48 Hours in Busan
- What to See in 72 Hours in Busan
- How to Spend 5 Days in Busan
- How to Spend 6 Days in Busan
- How to Spend 7 Days in Busan