Arakwal National ParkCurrently Closed
- Address: Milne Street, Byron Bay NSW 2481, Australia
- Timings: 08:30 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +61-1300361967
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: National Park, Wildlife Sanctuary , Wildlife Park, Wildlife Safari, Family And Kids, Nature
Arakwal National Park - Review
Arakwal National Park is an important part of the heritage of the local aboriginal Arakwal people that lend it their name. It is a natural haven to escape the bustling town for a few hours of quiet amidst nature. The Park includes the Tallow Beach, which is perfect for surfing and swimming. The Arkawal National Park is also home to several endangered species of plant and is a pit stop for migratory animals.
During the migratory season one can watch the humpback whales as they make their annual journey. The Arakwal National Park is located 2.3 km from Byron Bay town center and the best way to approach it is from the Cosy Corner car park and walking the rest of the way. Nature lovers will delight in the lush greenery around them and water-babies can enjoy the beach.
Arakwal National Park Information
- Take care not to damage the flora and fauna in the park.
- Wear a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Bring enough drinking water.
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
- Bring swimwear and towels if you plan to use the beach or go swimming.
- Always swim between the flags.
- Please note that Tallow Beach is unpatrolled and care should be taken accordingly.
Restaurants Near Arakwal National Park
- Top Shop
- The Petit Snail
- Il Buco
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Byron Bay before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Byron Bay and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Arakwal National Park
95% of people who visit Byron Bay include Arakwal National Park in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
44.96% of people start their Arakwal National Park visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Arakwal National Park
93.69% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Arakwal National Park
People normally club together Surfing At Tallow Beach and Hammer And Hand Byron Bay Jewellery And Metal Collective Gallery while planning their visit to Arakwal National Park.
Arakwal National Park Map
Arakwal National Park Trips
Arakwal National Park, Byron Bay Reviews
Lovely NP. Very few tracks to follow to enjoy the beauty and listen to the birds. All tracks except one are suburb to beach. Could be improved !
Byron Bay is a gorgeous place to visit. Byron Bay lighthouse is worth a visit. Views, history, coffee...who can resist?
Good walking paths nice little nature park good for little ankle biters to home there Steve Irwin skills on has outdoor barbies But stay on main paths dont go outback or you come across snakes Lizards. But all paths will bring you the beach
You can go the light house by a beautiful walk during which you can touch the most eastern place in Australia!
This is the most Easterly point of Australia a beautiful walk with stunning views. This is a must on your to do list!
All QuestionsArakwal national park
- Tanzcafe Nashville
- Bahnhof Theresienfeld
- TC Blau-Weiß Theresienfeld
- SC Theresienfeld
- PAEONIA Gartenbau- Und Handels
- TC ERGON KAUMY Theresienfeld
- BOC - Best Outdoor Company Inh. Dietrich Kraushofer-Dietrich
- USV Paris Lodron Manfred Gruber
- SV Snoopy
- Tex Art
- Matern Christiana
- Österreichisch Türkischer Demokratischer Kultur Verein U Moschee
- Atelier Waltenberger
- Pfarramt Maria Plain
- ATSV Salzburg