Belongil Beach is a beautiful beach situated north of Belongil Creek. It stretches out for quite a distance, giving you plenty of space to run or take a long leisurely stroll by the sea. The beach is dog friendly and family friendly making it a must visit beach in Byron Bay. The beach is legally clothing-optional and it is common to find a mix of both nude and clothed sunbathers lazing on the beach. This is a more peaceful beach than the more touristy and busy Main Beach.
Belongil Beach Travel Tips
- Always swim between the flags.
- A portion of the beach is legally demarcated for nude bathing.
- Please do not litter and do clean up after yourself and your pet.
- Always wear a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Access to this beach for the elderly and those with mobility problems is difficult.
- Treehouse On Belongil
- Belongil Bistro
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Byron Bay before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Byron Bay and book an accommodation of your choice.
65.55% of people who visit Byron Bay include Belongil Beach in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
39.8% of people start their Belongil Beach visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Belongil Beach
91.94% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Belongil Beach