Cape Byron Lighthouse610 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 1 Lighthouse Road, Byron Bay NSW 2481, Australia
- Timings: 08:30 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +61-266855955
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Light House, Family And Kids, Observation Deck
Located 1.3 km from Byron Bay is the still active Cape Byron Lighthouse. A must visit attraction in the area, the walk to the lighthouse and the lighthouse itself offer stunning views of the coast. It is Australia’s most powerful lighthouse and is operated by the Australian Maritime Safety Authority. It receives over 500,000 visitors each year and is a popular whale-watching site.
The Maritime Museum below has informative displays about the maritime history of the region. The Byron Bay Lighthouse can also be accessed on foot via the Cape Byron Walking Track. There is a cafe and souvenir shop on site as well.
Cape Byron Lighthouse Travel Tips
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to whale watch.
- It can be a busy place on the weekend so parking might be limited.
- Cape Byron Lighthouse is not accessible by wheelchair; however the area outside the lighthouse is flat.
Entrance Ticket Details For Cape Byron Lighthouse
- Vehicle entry fee for Cars $7 AUD per hour; Motorbikes $3 AUD per hour.
Cape Byron Lighthouse Hours
- Maritime Museum 10:00 am to 4:00 pm daily.
- Cape Byron Lighthouse Cafe
- Rae's Fish Cafe
- The Pass Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Byron Bay before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Byron Bay and book an accommodation of your choice.
68.23% of people who visit Byron Bay include Cape Byron Lighthouse in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
92.86% of people start their Cape Byron Lighthouse visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Cape Byron Lighthouse
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cape Byron Lighthouse