The tiny beach town of Boqueron is situated close to Downtown Cabo Rojo. It is quite an interesting place, because from Sunday to Thursday, it is a quiet town, tranquil and relaxing. However, once the weekend arrives, the town transforms into one giant party. Tourists and locals alike take to the streets to make merry, in one of the many bars, restaurants or nightclubs in Boqueron.
The Boqueron Beach is a lovely stretch of sand and sea, which is beautiful and clean. Throughout the week, it is a brilliant place to find some peace of mind, but the beach transforms during the weekend as well. If they’re not in town living it up, the tourists and locals are on the beach having a ball as well. Apart from being the most happening party place in and around Cabo Rojo, Boqueron also has many lovely restaurants with live bands for those looking for a more quiet evening.
- The beach is always full of vendors, selling different fares like jewellery, oysters, clams and fritters along the road.
- There are cabins available for rent on Boqueron Beach, which you can book throughout the weekend.
When you’re in Cabo Rojo, don’t forget to head down to Boqueron, especially on a weekend. Rest assured, you’ll have a night you won’t forget for a very long time.
Boqueron Travel Tips
- Bring a sun tent if you can because everyone goes for cover under the palms during the midday heat.
- Boqueron can get very crowded over the weekend. If you’re looking for a more family oriented, relaxed outing, do so on a weekday.
How to Reach Boqueron
- By Rented car from city centre.
- Boqueron Bay
- La Merea Eat & Drink
- Los Remos Restaurant
- Boqueron Bakery
- Pika Pika Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cabo Rojo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cabo Rojo and book an accommodation of your choice.
79.49% of people who visit Cabo Rojo include Boqueron in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
60.53% of people start their Boqueron visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Boqueron
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Boqueron