Isla De RatonesCurrently Closed
- Address: Road 102, km 14 Joyuda Beach, Cabo Rojo 00623, Puerto Rico
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Island, Off Beaten Path, Water Body, Restaurant, Family And Kids, Boating, Picnic Spot, Nature, Snorkeling , Green House
Puerto Rico is surrounded by scenic little islands, dotting the waters along the coastline. One such island is that of Isla de Ratones. Measuring about an acre in length, this island is located about ¼ mile off the west coast of Joyuda in Cabo Rojo, is packs quite the package for such a small place, coming with a boat dock, an untouched white sand beach, a roped-off swimming area and lovely roofed picnic pavilions with barbeque pits.
Isla de Ratones can only be accessed via boat. Once you’re there, you’ll notice that there is something to do in every part of the island. The boat dock and the swimming beach are located to the south of the island. On the north side of the island, environmental groups have planted mangroves and installed artificial reefs to protect the island. The centre of the island is full of trees, which provide you with some shade in the sunny Puerto Rican afternoon.
- Once you’re on the swimming beach on the south side of Isla Ratones, you can go snorkelling as well.
- Before or after your visit to Isla Ratones, you can stop at one of the many seafood restaurants along Road 102 in Joyuda.
Isla de Ratones is one of the wonderful many small treasures that Puerto Rico boasts. Make the trip from Cabo Rojo to spend a truly magical evening there with family and friends.
Isla De Ratones Travel Tips
- The best time to go to Isla de Ratones is during the winter months, when tourists are scarce and the beach is less crowded.
- Adventure Tourmarine runs a boat back and forth from Isla Ratones, and can be accessed quite easily.
- Parking is available for those who are visiting Isla de Ratones.
- If you go into the water, be careful not to step into the reef. Similarly, watch out for seaweed when snorkelling.
- Miski Mikuna
- Buena Vibra
- Cuesta Blanca
- La Luna Lyn Restaurant (all on the mainland)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cabo Rojo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cabo Rojo and book an accommodation of your choice.
58.97% of people who visit Cabo Rojo include Isla De Ratones in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
87.5% of people start their Isla De Ratones visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Isla De Ratones
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Isla De Ratones
Isla De Ratones Reviews & Ratings
Its not the best place to go if its not summer time.