Light Tackle Adventure Tarpon FishingCurrently Open
Puerto Rico has long been known as one the best places in the Caribbean for fishing, and Light Tackle Adventure Tarpon Fishing in Cabo Rojo is a great place to check out the activity for yourself. They specialize in providing the best catch and release fishing experience in the area, concentrating on catching the huge Tarpon fish that inhabits the waters around Puerto Rico. It is situated in Boqueron Bay, which is a fisherman’s haven, and you can also catch other types of fish like snapper, jacks, snook and ladyfish.
Run by an able fisherman by the name of Captain Ponchy, Light Tackle operates in a number of areas in Costa Rica. In Cabo Rojo, you take off from Boqueron Bay, and will be snagging fish within minutes. The crew are very well qualified and give you expert tips on catching fish and holding on to them too. It goes without saying that you might need to hold on dearly to a large catch, but the elation of capturing your first bait is truly thrilling.
- The operators make their own baits, different and colourful, which you can purchase and take home as souvenirs.
- The boat is very well equipped, armed with a 14 rod holder, a marine radio, a flare kit and a fire extinguisher.
Head on down to the Light Tackle Adventure Tarpon Fishing Company for an adventure with a difference! You may have done water sports, and you may have done white water rafting, but this is a unique experience for all adrenaline junkies.
Light Tackle Adventure Tarpon Fishing Travel Tips
- The company provides you with bottled water, fishing gear as well as a saltwater fishing license.
- You are instructed not to bring any GPS equipment on the boat.
- Shoes worn aboard should have light coloured soles so as not to mar the deck of the boat.
Entrance Ticket Details For Light Tackle Adventure Tarpon Fishing
- Prices start at $300 for ½ a day (4 hours).
- You can avail discounts on packages with bigger groups.
- Papa’s Pizza
- Brasas Steakhouse & Pasta
- Salvatore Bar & Tapas
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cabo Rojo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cabo Rojo and book an accommodation of your choice.
57.69% of people who visit Cabo Rojo include Light Tackle Adventure Tarpon Fishing in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
64% of people start their Light Tackle Adventure Tarpon Fishing visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Light Tackle Adventure Tarpon Fishing
92.87% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Light Tackle Adventure Tarpon Fishing