Abbaye Aux Hommes324 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Esplanade Jean-Marie Louvel, 14000 Caen, France
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +33-231304281
- Ticket Price: 7 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
Abbaye aux Hommes (Men's Abbey) is a Benedictine monastery in the city. It had been founded by William the Conqueror in 1063 and is one of the most renowned Romanesque buildings. The abbey had been built in Caen stone and that was constructed from 1066 onwards and took decades to form. There was a competition between Saint-Étienne and its sister building Sainte-Trinité. An important feature added to both the churches was the ribbed vault that had been used for first time in France.
Entrance Ticket Details For Abbaye Aux Hommes
- Reduced price € 3.50 / € 5.50.
- Free for people under 18 years of age, unemployed visitors.
- Guided tours have separate charges.
Abbaye Aux Hommes Hours
- Guided tours are available on appointment.
- Timing for guided tours vary.
- The opening timings for various attractions within the abbey are different and can be obtained on the official website.
How to Reach Abbaye Aux Hommes
- City bus line 1 and 3 to stops Ancienne Boucheris or city hall.
- Les Petites Bouches, Au temps passe.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Caen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Caen and book an accommodation of your choice.
50.23% of people who visit Caen include Abbaye Aux Hommes in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
71.59% of people start their Abbaye Aux Hommes visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Abbaye Aux Hommes
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Abbaye Aux Hommes