Abbaye Aux Hommes, Caen
About Abbaye Aux Hommes, Caen
Abbaye Aux Hommes, Caen - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 100 Rue de l'Ancienne Mairie, 14 100 Caen, France
Ticket Price: 7 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:30 am - 05:30 pm Details
Added 2.6K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Monastery , Cathedral
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Abbaye aux Hommes (Men's Abbey) is a Benedictine monastery in the city. It had been founded by William the Conqueror in 1063 and is one of the most renowned Romanesque buildings. The abbey had been built in Caen stone and that was constructed from 1066 onwards and took decades to form. There was a competition between Saint-Étienne and its sister building Sainte-Trinité. An important feature added to both the churches was the ribbed vault that had been used for first time in France.
Abbaye Aux Hommes Ticket Prices
- Reduced price € 3.50 / € 5.50.
- Free for people under 18 years of age, unemployed visitors.
- Guided tours have separate charges.
Abbaye Aux Hommes Opening and Closing Hours
- Guided tours are available on appointment.
- Timing for guided tours vary.
- The opening timings for various attractions within the abbey are different and can be obtained on the official website.
How To reach Abbaye Aux Hommes by Public Transport
- City bus line 1 and 3 to stops Ancienne Boucheris or city hall.
Restaurants Near Abbaye Aux Hommes
- Les Petites Bouches, Au temps passe.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Caen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Caen and book an accommodation of your choice.
Abbaye Aux Hommes, Caen Reviews - Write a Review
Beautiful church next to a lovely landscaped garden. Great place to take a few photos.
Definitely worth visiting. The tomb of William the Conqueror is here. The history of this building is also very interesting. during the WW2 bombings much of the city's population took refuge here and this building was damaged a few times but reconstructed.
Very beautiful church and abbey grounds. Built by William the Conquerer so a strong connection to England
Very interesting. Worth doing a guided tour!
The monastery is impressive
- Nearby Attractions
- Ivan Vautier
- Zenith De Caen - Parc Des Expositions
- Abbaye Aux Dames
- Eglise Saint Jean
- Pathe Les Rives De L'orne
- Caen Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Caen
- What to See in 48 Hours in Caen
- What to See in 72 Hours in Caen
- How to Spend 5 Days in Caen
- How to Spend 6 Days in Caen
- How to Spend 7 Days in Caen