Abbaye Aux HommesCurrently Closed
- Address: 100 Rue de l'Ancienne Mairie, 14 100 Caen, France
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +332-31304281
- Ticket Price: 7 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Monastery , Cathedral
Abbaye Aux Hommes - Review
Abbaye aux Hommes (Men's Abbey) is a Benedictine monastery in the city. It had been founded by William the Conqueror in 1063 and is one of the most renowned Romanesque buildings. The abbey had been built in Caen stone and that was constructed from 1066 onwards and took decades to form. There was a competition between Saint-Étienne and its sister building Sainte-Trinité. An important feature added to both the churches was the ribbed vault that had been used for first time in France.
Abbaye Aux Hommes Ticket Prices
- Reduced price € 3.50 / € 5.50.
- Free for people under 18 years of age, unemployed visitors.
- Guided tours have separate charges.
Abbaye Aux Hommes Hours
- Guided tours are available on appointment.
- Timing for guided tours vary.
- The opening timings for various attractions within the abbey are different and can be obtained on the official website.
How To reach Abbaye Aux Hommes by Public Transport
- City bus line 1 and 3 to stops Ancienne Boucheris or city hall.
Restaurants Near Abbaye Aux Hommes
- Les Petites Bouches, Au temps passe.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Caen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Caen and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Abbaye Aux Hommes
83.25% of people who visit Caen include Abbaye Aux Hommes in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
71.59% of people start their Abbaye Aux Hommes visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Abbaye Aux Hommes
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Abbaye Aux Hommes
Abbaye Aux Hommes Trips
Abbaye Aux Hommes, Caen Reviews
The whole place is just like a tour in the fairytale land. The flowers were blooming with radiance making this place one of my best memories. Everything is so splendid. It is a great place to take loads of photographs. When I went there, L'Abbaye-aux-Hommes had not a lot of people.
What a Beautiful place, very well preserved and amazing untouched during all the Chaos during WW2 . If your in Caen GO. The architecture is amazing
See the grave of William the Conqueror. The Frenchman that conquered England. What's not to like 🏴
Amazing place with the grave of William the Conqueror
Definitely worth visiting. The tomb of William the Conqueror is here. The history of this building is also very interesting. during the WW2 bombings much of the city's population took refuge here and this building was damaged a few times but reconstructed.