Located just a mile above the sea level in the foot of the Andes, this little town from Argentina is a paradise for wine lovers. While the quintessential wine lovers will never feel like coming out of those amazing local wine yards with a classic setting to pamper you on your vacation; there is a lot more in store for the ardent travelers! Argentina is a back-packer’s favorite and will be an amusing surprise for the shutter bags.
The Cacan is the local language and implies the meaning of Cafayate to be the “Grave of sorrows”. We disagree! It’s indeed a delightful town to be in!
Essential travel information and Cafayate tips for your visit
- Cafayate is best explored individually, so avoid taking the guided tours for a splendid experience.
- It is a small town so you better carry all your essentials like medicines and toiletries with you to avoid any inconvenience.
- The local guides are cheap and will help you to get a better look at the attractions. So it won’t be a bad idea to hire one of them.
- The wine yards sell the wine at reasonably less amount and you can shop for them if you are a wine lover.
- Cafayate is an ecstasy for photographers, so make sure you carry all your camera essentials and have them checked well in advance.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Cafayate
Save 7%Quebrada De Las Conchas Bike Tour from CafayateNew on TripHobo
Save 7%Half-Day Wine Road Premium Tour From CafayateNew on TripHobo
Save 7%Quebrada De Las Conchas Hiking from CafayateNew on TripHobo
Save 7%Tour Quebrada De Las Conchas - Cafayate - SaltaNew on TripHobo
Save 7%Salta Rural Tourism ExperienceNew on TripHobo
Save 7%Rural community experience. Salta, ArgentinaNew on TripHobo