This is an amazing hike to 5 striking waterfalls. While you have to walk 6 kilometers southwest of town, a 1.5 hour long hike upstream will take you to the waterfall where you can swim and splash. Look out for the hidden paintings on your expedition and have fun!
Rio Colorado Travel Tips
- You can also combine a bike ride half the way and then walk for the rest of the distance.
- The local guides i.e. the local children will guide you and it’s the best to take their help. The fees are in a range of AR$10.
- While bathing in any of the fountains, be cautious of the torrents and avoid bathing when it rains.
- Always come with basic hiking equipment like shoes and food.
How to Reach Rio Colorado
- Renting a car or taking one of the tour buses available to get around the whole city and attractions.
- Vinas de Cafayate Wine Resort
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cafayate before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cafayate and book an accommodation of your choice.
85.51% of people who visit Cafayate include Rio Colorado in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
35.71% of people start their Rio Colorado visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Rio Colorado
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Rio Colorado