Rio ColoradoCurrently Open
- Address: Cafayate, Argentina
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Waterfall, Hiking Trail, Tourist Center, Family And Kids
Rio Colorado - Review
This is an amazing hike to 5 striking waterfalls. While you have to walk 6 kilometers southwest of town, a 1.5 hour long hike upstream will take you to the waterfall where you can swim and splash. Look out for the hidden paintings on your expedition and have fun!
Rio Colorado Information
- You can also combine a bike ride half the way and then walk for the rest of the distance.
- The local guides i.e. the local children will guide you and it’s the best to take their help. The fees are in a range of AR$10.
- While bathing in any of the fountains, be cautious of the torrents and avoid bathing when it rains.
- Always come with basic hiking equipment like shoes and food.
How To reach Rio Colorado by Public Transport
- Renting a car or taking one of the tour buses available to get around the whole city and attractions.
Restaurants Near Rio Colorado
- Vinas de Cafayate Wine Resort
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cafayate before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cafayate and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Rio Colorado
45.17% of people who visit Cafayate include Rio Colorado in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
43.8% of people start their Rio Colorado visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Rio Colorado
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Rio Colorado
Rio Colorado Map
Rio Colorado Trips
1 View16 Days 15 Nights16 Day Trip to Buenos Aires, Cafayate, Santa Fe, Cochangasta from ParisBy: Guest UserCity: Buenos Aires, Cafayate, Santa Fe, Cochangasta
Rio Colorado, Cafayate Reviews
everone who enjoys being outside and can climb a little bit it is a must have... its really beautiful und u can swim under the waterfalls and jump from cliffs (a little dangerous tho) and the climbing is fun even tho there are some rather hard passages.
Definately use a guide. Very tough way thru the mountains.
So called guides try to rip you off, waterfalls are so-so
Precioso! Llegamos hasta la 3era de las 7 cascadas. Ir con buen calzado e idealmente con guía para q los ayude, algunos trechos son mas complicados que otros. Lindisimos paisajes bordeando el río
Impresionante recorrido a través de tierras Diaguitas llenas de magia, aventura y belleza. Baja dificultad si se hace con guía. Dificultad media para hacer el camino solos.