Tree Of Life Wildlife Centre And Botanical GardensCurrently Closed
- Address: Cahuita, Costa Rica
- Timings: 09:00 am - 03:00 pm Details
- Phone: +506-86100490
- Ticket Price: 12 USD
- Tags: Wildlife Park, Botanical Garden, Family And Kids, Nature
Tree Of Life Wildlife Centre And Botanical Gardens - Review
A haven for battered animals, animals rescued from injuries or were illegal pet and confiscated from the owners were all bought back to this institution to be nursed back to health and given an improved chance of survival in the wild. The Botanical Garden is not merely an ornamental garden, it is a safe house with a series of large cages which is home to the local fauna.
Animals such as toucans, monkeys, coatimundi, deer, wild pigs, and peccaries have all found their realm in this garden where they get professional care under supervision. Apart from this, the centre also has breeding programmes for iguanas and turtles. This is not a zoo but a rescue centre for animals which were pets or wild animals which were injured. Some of these animals like being petted since they crave for the warmth of a human hand and nothing better to help them heal than tender love and care. The wild animals are prepared to readjust and survive and released into their natural environment.
The lush gardens is rich with bromeliads, heliconias, palms, and the nursery under the canopy is packed with tropical plants which are ethno-botanical in nature. Ethno botanical plants are consumed by man such as the cinnamon and black pepper plants. The paved pathways lead to the pond which is teeming with koi and carp, the traditional Japanese symbol for Love and Friendship. A walk through the gardens takes you to the beach which has a unique black sand and it blends with the nature in the park. The infra-structure of the garden in designed to blend harmony with the needs of the animals under protection.
In order to help children understand the importance and conservation of wildlife, the centre offers tours for school children. The tours provide the children with an in depth study of fauna and flora of the region.
Tree Of Life Wildlife Centre And Botanical Gardens Information
- Do not attempt to touch or feed some of the animals since they belong in the wild.
- It is a non-profit organisation so donations are welcome.
- All the animals come from different backgrounds, so listen carefully on the tour.
- The entrance fees goes directly to help the animals.
- Some animals are old and feeble, blind or damaged beyond repair so the centre provides them with comfort, try to keep the environment noise free.
Tree Of Life Wildlife Centre And Botanical Gardens Ticket Prices
- Ticket Price: Adult USD 12, Child USD 6
- Guided tour - USD 15.
How To reach Tree Of Life Wildlife Centre And Botanical Gardens by Public Transport
- There are several buses departuring San Jose to Cahuita from 6AM till 4PM. There are additional buses between Puerto Limon and Sixaola which pass by Cahuita. From San José the cost is about $4 and from Limon about $1.50.
Restaurants Near Tree Of Life Wildlife Centre And Botanical Gardens
- Sobre Las Olas
- Pizzeria Cahuita
- El Girasol
- Chao’s Paradise
- Coral Reef
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cahuita before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cahuita and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Tree Of Life Wildlife Centre And Botanical Gardens
95% of people who visit Cahuita include Tree Of Life Wildlife Centre And Botanical Gardens in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
40.06% of people start their Tree Of Life Wildlife Centre And Botanical Gardens visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Tree Of Life Wildlife Centre And Botanical Gardens
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Tree Of Life Wildlife Centre And Botanical Gardens
Tree Of Life Wildlife Centre And Botanical Gardens Map
Tree Of Life Wildlife Centre And Botanical Gardens Trips
1 View9 Days 8 Nights9 Day Trip to Monteverde, Jaco, Cahuita from Las VBy: Guest UserCity: Cahuita, Monteverde, Jaco
3 Views5 Days 4 Nights5 Day Trip to Puerto Viejo De Talamanca from ToronBy: Guest User
Tree Of Life Wildlife Centre And Botanical Gardens, Cahuita Reviews
All QuestionsTree of life wildlife centre and botanical gardens
- Sisters Of St Mary Of Namur
- Liverpool Progressive Synagogue
- Archdiocese Of Liverpool
- The Band Of Duke Of Lancasters Regiment
- Friends Of The Atkinson Art Gallery
- United Reformed Church Office
- Liverpool Central Library
- Waterloo Monument / Wellington's Column
- Kings Dock
- Kensington Methodist Church
- Raw Wedding Photography
- Pd Decorators
- Seldons Amusements
- Turmeaus Tobacconist