Explore the world of the tropical habitat of butterflies! Barely an hour’s drive away from Cairns; is this exotic world of butterflies, commonly known as Australian Butterfly Sanctuary. The sanctuary has been working for the last 20 years and is said to be the largest butterfly flight aviary in Australia.
The serenity of fresh water flowing from the waterfalls and the tropical plants all around the place makes it a haven for butterflies. The sanctuary is also said to be the homeland of world’s largest moth-the Hercules moth. You actually need to see and believe this majestic creature of the nature.
The guided tour ends with the visit to the air conditioned butterfly museum.
Australian Butterfly Sanctuary Travel Tips
- Entry includes a free guided tour (not available separately), and a Behind –The – Scene Laboratory tour.
- The 4 Park Pass allow entry to Rainforestation, The Wildlife Habitat and Cairns Wildlife Dome, along with Australian Butterfly Sanctuary.
- The 4 Park Pass is ideal for families or self drivers.
- Booking is essential for groups of 10 or more.
- Guided tours through the aviary and laboratory are conducted, throughout the day.
Entrance Ticket Details For Australian Butterfly Sanctuary
- Children (4 – 14 years) : $9.50
- Family (2 adults + 2 children) : $47.50
4 Park Pass
- For adults : $80 per person , Children (4 – 14 years) : $40
- Family (2 adults + 2 children) : $200 per family
Australian Butterfly Sanctuary Hours
- Guided tour : 10am – 3:15 pm
- Anzac Day : 1pm - 4pm
How to Reach Australian Butterfly Sanctuary
- By Car
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cairns before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cairns and book an accommodation of your choice.
30.31% of people who visit Cairns include Australian Butterfly Sanctuary in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
59.18% of people start their Australian Butterfly Sanctuary visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Australian Butterfly Sanctuary
92.67% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Australian Butterfly Sanctuary