Barron Gorge National Park427 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Lamb Range QLD 4870, Australia, Cairns
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +61-137468
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Hiking Trail, Walking Area, Family And Kids, Boating, Picnic Spot
It is a national park of Queensland, just an hour driving distance away from Cairns. It is part of the Wet Tropics World Heritage Area. The famous Kuranda Scenic railway line passes through this national park with a stop at Barron falls.
Things to do:
- Walking and hiking
- Family picnic
Barron Gorge National Park Travel Tips
- Permit and fees are required for commercial or organized activities.
- Domestic animals are not permitted.
- Keep on walking tracks.
- Carry water, wear hat, sunscreen and sturdy footwear.
- Be careful about stinging trees.
- Toilets suitable for wheelchair access are available.
- Picnic tables are provided at Lake Placid.
Entrance Ticket Details For Barron Gorge National Park
- Entry is free.
How to Reach Barron Gorge National Park
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cairns before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cairns and book an accommodation of your choice.
17.92% of people who visit Cairns include Barron Gorge National Park in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
58.54% of people start their Barron Gorge National Park visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Barron Gorge National Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Barron Gorge National Park