Cairns MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: Former Post Office Building, 13 Grafton Street, Cairns Queensland Australia 4870
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: 61-740515582
- Ticket Price: 5 AUD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, History Museum, Family And Kids
Cairns Museum - Review
Not many know the history of Cairns and how it’s been molded into the cosmopolitan we know it as today! Going as far back as the Aboriginal and Islanders the museum is a one-stop shop for Cairns history. Housed in an old School and Arts building, it just adds to the charm of the museum. The sheer diversity of the exhibits on display is nothing short of astonishing. Every era, every milestone, every achievement, obstacle and break through is documented and made available to you.
Cairns Museum Ticket Prices
- Adult : $5, School Children : $2, Family (2 Adults and children under 17) : $12
Cairns Museum Hours
- The museum is open from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday to Saturday and after hours by appointment.
- The library and research facility is open on Mon- Fri 10:00 am - 3:00 pm.
- According to their website, the Cairns Museum is shut for the entire year of 2014 for restoration and renovation purposes and will reopen in 2015.
How To reach Cairns Museum by Public Transport
- Abbott St C245
- Abbott St C244
- Abbott St C246
Restaurants Near Cairns Museum
- Pho Viet (Vietnamese cuisine)
- Hides Coffee Café (Australian and International cuisines served)
- P.J. O'Brien's The Irish Pub
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cairns before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cairns and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Cairns Museum
34.43% of people who visit Cairns include Cairns Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
69.44% of people start their Cairns Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Cairns Museum
64.29% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cairns Museum