Fitzroy Island National Park, Cairns
About Fitzroy Island National Park, Cairns
Fitzroy Island National Park, Cairns - Address
Address: Fitzroy Island, Queensland 4871, Australia
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 6.8K times in trip plans
National Park, Water Body, Wildlife Park, Walking Area, Family And Kids, Water Sport, Snorkeling
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
A large island with bumpy terrain and dense vegetation describes Fitzroy Island National Park. The island is still considered as a virgin island as many of its corners are still unexplored. The island is covered with mangroves, tropical rainforest and coral beaches where you can walk around, coral reef and wonderful marine life. Ideal for a day trip from Cairns city center!
Activities to do:
- Walking and hiking trails
- Ocean trampoline
- Sea kayaking
- Viewing reef by glass bottom boat
- Exploring the wildlife
Fitzroy Island National Park Information
- Camping grounds for night stay are available.
- Camping grounds has showers, toilets, BBQ facilities and picnic tables.
- Resorts are available.
- The rooms of the resorts have features like, king/queen size bed, cots, television, bar fridge, Alarm clock, daily room service, air conditioned, hairdryer, tea/ coffee making machine and elevator.
Fitzroy Island National Park Ticket Prices
- Camping ground : $29/ night
How To reach Fitzroy Island National Park by Public Transport
- By boat
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cairns before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cairns and book an accommodation of your choice.
Fitzroy Island National Park, Cairns Reviews - Write a Review
Excellent location brilliantly clear water great for snorkelling / diving or swimming. Fitzroy Island also has an exclusive guest resort for overnight visitor's and separate bar and restaurant for day trippers. Fabulous food and refreshments at great prices. Beach hire equipment is also available at this remarkable location. Family friendly all round with very hospitable and friendly staff. Highly recommended
This place is very beautiful and worth to visit 100%. The views and scenary in this island is just stunnig. Highly recommned
Lovely little island with magnificent views even on a not very good weather.
So beautiful. We went snorkeling and it was the most amazing experience. There was a little bit of bleaching in the coral but the fish we saw were beautiful. The view from the island was picture perfect.
Beautiful. An early morning hike to see the sun rise in the morning is amazing, but sort of terrifying.
- Nearby Attractions
- Fitzroy Island
- Arcadia Gardens Apartments
- Esplanade Lagoon - Toilets And Shower Facilities
- Behana Gorge Road
- Norman Reef
- Apex Car Rentals Cairns Airport
- Coral Tree Inn
- Cairns Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Cairns
- What to See in 48 Hours in Cairns
- What to See in 72 Hours in Cairns
- How to Spend 5 Days in Cairns
- How to Spend 6 Days in Cairns
- How to Spend 7 Days in Cairns