Fitzroy Island National ParkCurrently Open
- Address: Fitzroy Island, Queensland 4871, Australia, Cairns
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: National Park, Water Body, Wildlife Park, Walking Area, Family And Kids, Water Sport, Snorkeling
Fitzroy Island National Park - Review
A large island with bumpy terrain and dense vegetation describes Fitzroy Island National Park. The island is still considered as a virgin island as many of its corners are still unexplored. The island is covered with mangroves, tropical rainforest and coral beaches where you can walk around, coral reef and wonderful marine life. Ideal for a day trip from Cairns city center!
Activities to do:
- Walking and hiking trails
- Ocean trampoline
- Sea kayaking
- Viewing reef by glass bottom boat
- Exploring the wildlife
Fitzroy Island National Park Information
- Camping grounds for night stay are available.
- Camping grounds has showers, toilets, BBQ facilities and picnic tables.
- Resorts are available.
- The rooms of the resorts have features like, king/queen size bed, cots, television, bar fridge, Alarm clock, daily room service, air conditioned, hairdryer, tea/ coffee making machine and elevator.
Fitzroy Island National Park Ticket Prices
- Camping ground : $29/ night
How To reach Fitzroy Island National Park by Public Transport
- By boat
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cairns before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cairns and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Fitzroy Island National Park
95% of people who visit Cairns include Fitzroy Island National Park in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
40.29% of people start their Fitzroy Island National Park visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Fitzroy Island National Park
89.08% of people prefer walking in order to reach Fitzroy Island National Park
Fitzroy Island National Park Map
Fitzroy Island National Park Trips
Fitzroy Island National Park, Cairns Reviews
Simply spectacular. Everything you expect from a tropical paradise. Lots of wildlife both in and out of the water.
So much to do would go there again and again!! LOVED IT! Not too pricey either
Island is still beautiful with wall trails and pristine beaches, Shame its not as I remembered, now the resort is there,it is very pricey and only limited time frames that the kitchen is open for food or u can get a dry sandwich or rock hard sausage roll from the shop/deli. Recommend taking own picnic bbq and LOTS of drinking water.
Excellent location brilliantly clear water great for snorkelling / diving or swimming. Fitzroy Island also has an exclusive guest resort for overnight visitor's and separate bar and restaurant for day trippers. Fabulous food and refreshments at great prices. Beach hire equipment is also available at this remarkable location. Family friendly all round with very hospitable and friendly staff. Highly recommended
The perfect way to spend a relaxing day in the most beautiful surrounds.
All QuestionsFitzroy island national park
- Shaftesbury Arts Centre
- Holy Name & St Edward King & Martyr R C Church
- Coking Farm Fishery
- Shaftesbury Abbey And Garden
- St Peters Church
- Respect Organics
- Fathers House
- Shaftesbury Ambo Station
- Dorset County Council
- HM Prison Guys Marsh
- Quakers Religious Society Of Friends
- Shaftesbury Town Museum
- Gillingham Congregation Of Jehovah's Witnesses
- Shaftesbury Abbey & Museum