Fitzroy Island National Park795 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Fitzroy Island, Queensland 4871, Australia, Cairns
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: National Park, Water Body, Wildlife Park, Walking Area, Family And Kids, Water Sport, Snorkeling
A large island with bumpy terrain and dense vegetation describes Fitzroy Island National Park. The island is still considered as a virgin island as many of its corners are still unexplored. The island is covered with mangroves, tropical rainforest and coral beaches where you can walk around, coral reef and wonderful marine life. Ideal for a day trip from Cairns city center!
Activities to do:
- Walking and hiking trails
- Ocean trampoline
- Sea kayaking
- Viewing reef by glass bottom boat
- Exploring the wildlife
Fitzroy Island National Park Travel Tips
- Camping grounds for night stay are available.
- Camping grounds has showers, toilets, BBQ facilities and picnic tables.
- Resorts are available.
- The rooms of the resorts have features like, king/queen size bed, cots, television, bar fridge, Alarm clock, daily room service, air conditioned, hairdryer, tea/ coffee making machine and elevator.
Entrance Ticket Details For Fitzroy Island National Park
- Camping ground : $29/ night
How to Reach Fitzroy Island National Park
- By boat
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cairns before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cairns and book an accommodation of your choice.
35.55% of people who visit Cairns include Fitzroy Island National Park in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
50% of people start their Fitzroy Island National Park visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Fitzroy Island National Park
90.56% of people prefer walking in order to reach Fitzroy Island National Park