Fitzroy Island National ParkCurrently Open
- Address: Fitzroy Island, Queensland 4871, Australia, Cairns
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: National Park, Water Body, Wildlife Park, Walking Area, Family And Kids, Water Sport, Snorkeling
A large island with bumpy terrain and dense vegetation describes Fitzroy Island National Park. The island is still considered as a virgin island as many of its corners are still unexplored. The island is covered with mangroves, tropical rainforest and coral beaches where you can walk around, coral reef and wonderful marine life. Ideal for a day trip from Cairns city center!
Activities to do:
- Walking and hiking trails
- Ocean trampoline
- Sea kayaking
- Viewing reef by glass bottom boat
- Exploring the wildlife
Fitzroy Island National Park Travel Tips
- Camping grounds for night stay are available.
- Camping grounds has showers, toilets, BBQ facilities and picnic tables.
- Resorts are available.
- The rooms of the resorts have features like, king/queen size bed, cots, television, bar fridge, Alarm clock, daily room service, air conditioned, hairdryer, tea/ coffee making machine and elevator.
Entrance Ticket Details For Fitzroy Island National Park
- Camping ground : $29/ night
How to Reach Fitzroy Island National Park
- By boat
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cairns before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cairns and book an accommodation of your choice.
43.21% of people who visit Cairns include Fitzroy Island National Park in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
50% of people start their Fitzroy Island National Park visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Fitzroy Island National Park
90.56% of people prefer walking in order to reach Fitzroy Island National Park
Fitzroy Island National Park Reviews & Ratings
Great island to be explored and close to cairns. It takes you about 50 min to get over by speed boat. You can snorkel and hike and the island has quite of a variety of Flora and fauna. Walk up to the light house is very steep and slippery when wet.
As an island, it's lovely. The resort is tired - don't be fooled by the supposed 4.5 stars. More like 3.
Wonderful place for day trip. Beautiful 45 minute ferry ride to island. Great for snorkelling if your lucky you will see sea turtles. Few good walks to do The secret garden, the Light house and Muddy beach.
Fitzroy island snorkling was great. Foxys bar and grill was a miss. Food terrible. Shop served melted and refrozen ice cream. Don't get food there either. Take a picnic lunch.
Whole island is amazing I can't recommend this more even for a day visit it's great