Fitzroy Island National ParkCurrently Open
- Address: Fitzroy Island, Queensland 4871, Australia, Cairns
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: National Park, Water Body, Wildlife Park, Walking Area, Family And Kids, Water Sport, Snorkeling
A large island with bumpy terrain and dense vegetation describes Fitzroy Island National Park. The island is still considered as a virgin island as many of its corners are still unexplored. The island is covered with mangroves, tropical rainforest and coral beaches where you can walk around, coral reef and wonderful marine life. Ideal for a day trip from Cairns city center!
Activities to do:
- Walking and hiking trails
- Ocean trampoline
- Sea kayaking
- Viewing reef by glass bottom boat
- Exploring the wildlife
- Camping grounds for night stay are available.
- Camping grounds has showers, toilets, BBQ facilities and picnic tables.
- Resorts are available.
- The rooms of the resorts have features like, king/queen size bed, cots, television, bar fridge, Alarm clock, daily room service, air conditioned, hairdryer, tea/ coffee making machine and elevator.
- Camping ground : $29/ night
- By boat
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cairns before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cairns and book an accommodation of your choice.
43.97% of people who visit Cairns include Fitzroy Island National Park in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
50% of people start their Fitzroy Island National Park visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Fitzroy Island National Park
90.56% of people prefer walking in order to reach Fitzroy Island National Park
Wonderful place for day trip. Beautiful 45 minute ferry ride to island. Great for snorkelling if your lucky you will see sea turtles. Few good walks to do The secret garden, the Light house and Muddy beach.
Love the Island. Really enjoyed staying here the first time with a beautiful room overlooking the ocean. Second time had studio room out back ...awful. Left after first night. Its a definite for a day trip and Foxies bar has improved with lunch...yes I recomend but book a room overlooking ocean and a couple of nights is enough.
Amazing photography opportunities, and great views. Decently difficult walk to reach lighthouse and summit. Also a great location for snorkelling, diving and reed viewing. However, there is little else on Fitzroy Island besides these activities.
Beautiful scenery and easy, well maintained walking tracks. No poisonous or venomous critters to worry about either!
Great place! Well preserved and full of natural surprises!