Kuranda Scenic Railway1684 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Cairns Railway Station, Bunda St., CBD, Cairns, QLD 4870, Australia
- Timings: 08:30 am - 02:00 pm Details
- Phone: 61-740369333
- Ticket Price: 49 AUD
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Scenic Drive, Family And Kids, Nature, Train Ride
The town of Kuranda is a quaint little place located on a mountain side, the Macalister Range. Although the village town has its own raw charm, it’s the ride over the rainforest and up to the mountain that sets the whole mood for the trip. The Kuranda railway line is only used to take tourists to and from Cairns. Hop abroad a vintage train and be prepared to take in the wonderful vistas the ride has to offer. The 37 kilometer journey makes around 2 stops and takes approximately 1 hour 45 minutes. Once you’re at the village, there are a variety of things you could do, but do remember to keep an eye on the time as the train departs only twice a day.
Entrance Ticket Details For Kuranda Scenic Railway
- A round trip ticket can cost anywhere between Adult $74-Adult $170.
- A combined railway, cable-car, wildlife and aboriginal culture package can range between A$142–A$160.
Kuranda Scenic Railway Timings
- Departure (from Cairns): 8:30 am & 9:30 am.
- Arrival (at Cairns): 2:00 pm & 3:30 pm.
How to Reach Kuranda Scenic Railway
- Spence St N
- Cairns Central Shopping Centre - C88
- Cairns Central Shopping Centre - C253
- Green Ant Cantina (Mexican food served)
- Hog's Breath Café
- The Taj Indian Restaurant (Indian food served)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cairns before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cairns and book an accommodation of your choice.
75.31% of people who visit Cairns include Kuranda Scenic Railway in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
82.04% of people start their Kuranda Scenic Railway visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Kuranda Scenic Railway
93.59% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kuranda Scenic Railway