It is a small coastal park, located in the Wet Tropics World Heritage Area, nearly 65 kilometer away from of Cairns. Unlike other national parks, this park is exclusive best location for camping. The striking feature of the park is the mangrove forests surrounding the park. However, be aware of the crocodiles that you may encounter in the area.
Russell River National Park Travel Tips
- 1 family in camping means 2 adults and 3-6 children.
- Do not litter.
- Always bury human waste at least 15 cm deep and well away from camps, tracks and watercourses.
- Fuel stoves are recommended.
- Open fires are allowed. However, fire woods are not provided and must not be collected from the park.
- Things to bring are: drinking water, rubbish bags, insect repellent, firewood or preferable a fuel stove and trowel or shovel.
- Pets are not allowed.
Entrance Ticket Details For Russell River National Park
For camping fee :
- Fees : 1 family ($23) + 1adult ($5.75)
- Total fee = $28.75 per night
- $3.20 per person per night for students and accompanying adults on approved excursions.
How to Reach Russell River National Park
- By Car
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cairns before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cairns and book an accommodation of your choice.
12.28% of people who visit Cairns include Russell River National Park in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
62.5% of people start their Russell River National Park visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Russell River National Park
87.5% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Russell River National Park
Russell River National Park Reviews & Ratings
Beautiful....great boat ramp.
Pretty little place, damn shame people won't clean up after themselves however.
No facilities but wonderful beach and fishing. Get there early camp areas go quick. Bring everything no shop no toilet or shower.
Always good. Ask a local to take you.