Events and Festivals in Cairo
- Ramadan Film Festival: The festival was instituted as a way to provide entertainment for locals and tourists alike during the month of Ramadan. The outdoor movie theatre holds screenings of independent and low-budget films and viewers get to sprawl on the grass after breaking their fast and enjoy the light entertainment.
- Color Festival: The Color Festival takes place annually in September and is held at the Swiss Club in Cairo. Loosely based on the Hindu festival, Holi, fun and passion for life is a central theme to the Color Festival. It starts early in the morning and hordes of people get together and proceed to splash each other with wild and wonderful colors. There are shows like snake charming, water fights and Indian dancing to entertain the crowd during the day. Competitions are held for most colorful guy and girl and then there’s also one that awards the person who managed to be covered in only one color.
- Armed Forces Day: Held in October.
- Cairo International Festival for Experimental Theatre: Held in October.
- Pharaohs Rally: Held in October.
- Picker's Paradise Park Festival: Mostly held in October.
- Arabic Music Festival: Takes place in November.
- Cairo International Film Festival: Takes place in November.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Cairo
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Cairo
Save 6%2-Day Private Guided Tour to Giza, Saqqara, Dahshur and Cairo including Camel Ride, Felucca Sailing, Dinner Cruise and Sound and Light Show39 Reviews
Duration: 2 Days
Do it all in two days. The target of this private tour is for you to visit all major pyramid sites in Saqqara, Dahshur and Gi...
Save 10%Alexandria Day Tour from Cairo15 Reviews
Enjoy your full-day trip to Alexandria city from Cairo.explore Alexandria with your guide who will talk about the history of ...
Save 10%3-Day Private Guided Tour for Families around Giza, Cairo, Alexandria, Saqqara and Dahshur from CairoNew on TripHobo
Duration: 3 Days
This great, private family tour has proved to be interesting for all generations from grandparents to children. The tour has ...
Save 11%Private Full Day Tour to Cairo From Hurghada1 Reviews
Duration: 15 Hrs
You will find your breath taken away on this private guided full-day tour from Hurghada to Cairo. Enjoy riding in an air-cond...