How to Reach Cairo
The Easiest Way to Reach Cairo
HOW TO GET TO CAIRO
- By Air - The nearest airport to Cairo is the Cairo International Airport. The airport is well served by the national carrier Egyptair and other carriers including Singapore Airlines, Lufthansa, Air France, Alitalia, British Airways, Emirates, Etihad Airways and Jet Air.
- By Train - The nearest railway station in Cairo is the city’s main station called Mahattat Ramsesn which is located on the Midan Ramses. Trains run to Cairo from most other regions and cities within and outside of Egypt. The trains almost always run on schedule and it is best to book the tickets in advance online.
- By Bus – The main two bus stations in Cairo are the Midan Ramsis and Cairo Gateway. The busses arrive to Cairo from all over the country.
HOW TO GET AROUND CAIRO
- By Metro – Cairo is home to Africa’s first and most expansive metro system. The fully functional modern metro system is sleek and cheap, covering almost the entire city. The metro runs from 6 in the morning till 12 midnight, making it one of the best modes of transport while exploring the city. Furthermore, two cars of each train reserved for women, which are located in the middle section of the train. Other than being a cheaper mode of transportation, the metro also avoids the traffic and chaotic streets of Egypt, saving time and energy.
- By Taxi – One can find three types of taxis in Egypt. The first being the old black and white taxis. These taxis are old with old drivers and outdated meters making it difficult to travel. The other taxis are the bright yellow taxis, that are mostly available on reservation basis only. The last are the solid-white taxis. These are the modern sedans equipped with meters, comprise of and air conditioner and are a cheaper, hassle-free and comfortable mode of transportation. An addition to the option is Uber or Uber Cabs that run well in Cairo.
- By Bus – Cairo is home to an intricate network of busses that cover the entire city. The busses are a cheaper mode of transportation and are usually very crowded. One can also hop onto an air condition bus, which can be found in the main squares of Cairo.
- By Car – There are numerous agencies in Cairo that give cars for rent to the tourists. However, most agencies do not have specific prices.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Cairo and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Cairo
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Cairo. The most preferred mode of transport in Cairo is Car.
Average distance: 27.51 km Average time: 50.36 min
Car 62.38%Driving 47.67 min Walking 1.11 min Overall average time for 30.6 kms 48.78 min
Walking 5.94%Walking 19.17 min Waiting 1.17 min Train 0.33 min Bus 0.33 min Overall average time for 2.25 kms 21 min
Bus/Trolleybus 18.81%Bus 45.63 min Waiting 8.53 min Walking 7.37 min Train 3.42 min Other 1.05 min Overall average time for 26.79 kms 66 min
Train/Metro 2.97%Train 31.67 min Walking 11 min Waiting 8.33 min Bus 6.67 min Tram 2.33 min Overall average time for 26.67 kms 60 min
- How to reach Cities Near Cairo
- How to reach Idfina
- How to reach 15 May City
- How to reach El Sadat City
- How to reach Almazah
- How to reach Madinaty
- How to reach Al Marj
- How to reach Mandishah
- How to reach Al 'uwaynah
- How to reach Bani Majdul
- How to reach Al Agouzah
- How to reach Al Qasabah Ash Sharqiyah
- How to reach Abou Hammad
- How to reach Cities around the world
- How to reach New Year
- How to reach Sascut-sat
- How to reach Charlottenberg
- How to reach Nonancourt
- How to reach Begijnendijk
- How to reach Forsby
- How to reach Bassenge
- How to reach Incourt
- How to reach Kaprijke
- How to reach Marche-en-famenne