Saint Sergius Church983 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Abu Serga Old Cairo, Cairo, Egypt. Map
- Timings: 08:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +21-22274480
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
St. Sergious Church is regarded as one the oldest churches in the city of Cairo. The church is said to be one of the places where the Holy Family escaped and rested. A mass is held here every first June to commemorate the event. The crypt in which they were said to have resided is 10 meters deep, and can often be flooded when the Nile is high. Its dedicated to the soldier-saints martyred during the 4th century in Syria.
Saint Sergius Church Travel Tips
- Parking options available.
- Special facilities offered for person with special needs.
How to Reach Saint Sergius Church
- El Malek El Saleh Metro Station
- Pharoh’s Palace Hotel
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cairo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cairo and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Saint Sergius Church Address: Abu Serga Old Cairo, Cairo, Egypt.
- Saint Sergius Church Contact Number: +21-22274480
- Saint Sergius Church Timing: 08:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Saint Sergius Church: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
12.68% of people who visit Cairo include Saint Sergius Church in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
37.5% of people start their Saint Sergius Church visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Saint Sergius Church
84.09% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Saint Sergius Church
People normally club together The Pharaonic Village and Hanging Church while planning their visit to Saint Sergius Church.