The Egyptian Museum5544 Votes Currently Open
This Egyptian museum is located at Tahrir square. This museum is peculiarly famous for huge and small statues, jewels, the mummies, Tutankhamon treasures, etc. It includes round about 107 halls which exhibit different antiques from the ancient Egypt culture. The museum also has a section specially dedicated for photography and even comprises of a huge library. Egyptian museum is overall divided into seven sections and you will surely need more than 2 hours to explore all these sections. History lovers would surely find all the ancient coins, papyrus, sarcophagi and scrabs, monuments of different periods very much interesting. There is a hall full of mummies and this is definitely an exciting experience. Along with Egyptians, millions of tourists visit this museum during their stay in Egypt.
Go back in time by visiting the historically significant attraction of Egyptian Museum by getting the tickets for Egyptian Museum under the section of Egyptian Museum tickets. While you are on the lookout to buy tickets for Egyptian Museum be sure to check out the Egyptian Museum tours ticket price for it comes with a guided tour attended by professional guides who will ensure Egyptian Museum ticket prices are made worth it to their fullest. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Cairo itinerary 4 days.
The Egyptian Museum Travel Tips
- Photography is strictly prohibited.
- Cameras will be checked at the entrance only.
- Canteen facilities available.
- People looking out for guided tours contact the information desk of museum.
- Services for disabled personssuch as wheel chair and elevator are also available upon request.
Entrance Ticket Details For The Egyptian Museum
- Adult: EGP 75, Student: EGP 40, Mummy Room: EGP 100
- General Admission: Egyptian- LE 4 (LE 2, students), Foreign- LE 60 (LE 30, students)
- Royal Mummies Room: Egyptian- LE 10 (LE 5, students), Foreign- LE 100 (LE 50, students)
- Centennial Gallery: Egyptian- LE 2 (LE 1, students), Foreign- LE 10 (LE 5, students)
The Egyptian Museum Hours
- Closes at 5:00 pm during Ramadan.
How to Reach The Egyptian Museum
- Sadat station
- King Hotel
- Shepheard’s Hotel
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cairo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cairo and book an accommodation of your choice.
77.76% of people who visit Cairo include The Egyptian Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
35.41% of people start their The Egyptian Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see The Egyptian Museum
93.02% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Egyptian Museum
The Egyptian Museum Reviews & Ratings
Visiting CAIRO, HOW CAN I GET TICKETS TO THE NEW CIVILIZATION MUSEUMAnswer Report Abuse