Are you looking for what to do in Cairo?
PLACES TO SEE
- Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx: The pyramids of Giza are the last remaining monuments of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World and also the one thing that Cairo is most famous for. It is for these reasons that seeing the pyramids must be at the top of any visitor’s list of things to do when visiting Cairo.
- Egyptian Museum: This particular museum houses the world’s most expansive collection of ancient Egyptian artifacts.
- Cairo Tower: The tower is situated on Gezira Island and offers tourists a 360-degree view of the city. You will be able to see to the edge of the horizon with the Great Pyramids marking the landscape to the west.
THINGS TO DO
- Felucca Rides: A felucca is a kind of boat that takes you on a relaxing ride down the Nile River. Taking the boat ride at night means that you will be able to fully experience the wonders of the starry sky overhead to make your trip that much more memorable.
- Shopping: City stars is a shopping mall in the city that houses many international brands as well as well-known fast food chain stores like McDonalds. There is also an amusement park and cinema for hours of family fun and entertainment.
- The Garden Theatre: The Garden Theatre is an open air theatre that offers a range of musical performances. It is also a magnificent venue for an evening stroll to take in the sights and sounds of the city.
Below we have a list of things to do in Cairo and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Cairo getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Cairo with confidence.