Calais Beach, Calais
About Calais Beach, Calais
Calais Beach, Calais - Address, Phone Number
Address: Digue Gaston Berthe, 62100 Calais, France
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 2.4K times in trip plans
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
One of the oldest and most pristine beaches in France, Calais beach is a fine place for a summer visit. A beach that is rich with clean sand as well as a history worth mentioning. It is here where King Louis landed in 1814 and French aviator Louis Bleriot successfully pioneered the first ever flight across the English Channel to Dover in 1909. Also the beach was the target of Operation Fortitude during WWII, an Allied plan to deceive the Germans that the invasion was set occur here rather than in Normandy.
- There are plenty of restaurants and eateries in the seafront along with fun fairs and a mini golf centre for kids.
- Little white beach huts are available to change clothes and keep bags or other luggage and valuables.
- With such a soft sand, the beach is ideal for sunbathing or relaxing with a picnic or even just a fun sport of Volleyball.
- There’s a promenade pier which runs along the beach where one can enjoy views over the harbour.
Calais Beach Information
- One can a catch a ferry here from Calais fort to Dover in England.
- Entry is free.
How To reach Calais Beach by Public Transport
- Nearest Bus Stop
- Digue G berthe: Line 05
- Milieu de Digue: Line 03, 04
- Ext de Digue: Line 03, 04, 05
Restaurants Near Calais Beach
- Au Cote Dargent
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Calais before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Calais and book an accommodation of your choice.
Calais Beach, Calais Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Grand Parc
- Camping Pommiers Des Trois Pays
- Calais (dfds,myferrylink And P O Ferries Port)
- Bassin De Plaisance
- Best Western Hotel Ile De France
- The London Bridge Pub
- Église Saint-pierre
- Parc St Pierre
- Calais Promotion
- Fort Risban
- Calais Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Calais
- What to See in 48 Hours in Calais
- What to See in 72 Hours in Calais
- How to Spend 5 Days in Calais
- How to Spend 6 Days in Calais
- How to Spend 7 Days in Calais