Calais BeachCurrently Open
- Address: 123 Digue Gaston Berthe, 62100 Calais, France
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +33-321966240
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Beach, Family And Kids
One of the oldest and most pristine beaches in France, Calais beach is a fine place for a summer visit. A beach that is rich with clean sand as well as a history worth mentioning. It is here where King Louis landed in 1814 and French aviator Louis Bleriot successfully pioneered the first ever flight across the English Channel to Dover in 1909. Also the beach was the target of Operation Fortitude during WWII, an Allied plan to deceive the Germans that the invasion was set occur here rather than in Normandy.
- There are plenty of restaurants and eateries in the seafront along with fun fairs and a mini golf centre for kids.
- Little white beach huts are available to change clothes and keep bags or other luggage and valuables.
- With such a soft sand, the beach is ideal for sunbathing or relaxing with a picnic or even just a fun sport of Volleyball.
- There’s a promenade pier which runs along the beach where one can enjoy views over the harbour.
Calais Beach Travel Tips
- One can a catch a ferry here from Calais fort to Dover in England.
- Entry is free.
How to Reach Calais Beach
- Nearest Bus Stop
- Digue G berthe: Line 05
- Milieu de Digue: Line 03, 04
- Ext de Digue: Line 03, 04, 05
- Au Cote Dargent
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Calais before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Calais and book an accommodation of your choice.
65.98% of people who visit Calais include Calais Beach in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
47.3% of people start their Calais Beach visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Calais Beach
93.51% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Calais Beach