How to Reach Calais, France
The Easiest Way to Reach Calais
- By Air: Lydd airways operates a few flights towards the Calais - Dunkerque Airport in Calais. But the nearest international airports are at Ostend in Belgium (1hr 5 min) and at Lille (1 hr 15 min).
- By Train: Eurostar: Operates services from Calais Frethun station towards London, Ebbsfleet, Ashford and Brussels, Eurotunnel (Le Shuttle): A car shuttle tunnel from Folkstone to Western end of Calais. It is the fastest way to travel from UK to Calais and vice versa, SNCF: A French train-network operating trains from Lille, Boulogne, Dunkirk and Paris to the Calais Ville station in the city centre, Train & Ferry: Integrated train and ferry service from UK to Calais by the Southeastern service’s Tripper ticket.
- By Ferry: Ferry is well connected to Dover in England through various ferry services like P&O Ferries, MyFerryLink and DFDS seaways. They take you around 1 and a half hour to reach Calais from Dover. Ferries are also available from Dover to Dunkirk (a place near Calais).
- By Car: Calais can be reached through two Auto Routes - A26/E15 towards the Central France, and A16/E40 towards Benelux and other North European destinations.
- By Bus: Buses from London and Paris towards Calais are operated by Eurolines. Some of them halt at Canterbury, Gillingham, Folkestone and/or Dover en route.
- By Bus: The city has decent bus networks to get around. Bus 1 by Vivabus service towards Cite Europe shopping mall runs every thirty minutes and costs EUR 1 per ticket, EUR 3 for a day pass. Vivabus also runs services towards the town centre and the harbour terminal. Balad’in, a free mini bus service runs from Jardin des Plantes to Matelote (near the lighthouse) via the Calais-Ville train station. They are bright colored and easily spottable.
- By Bicycle: You can also rent bicycles to get around the city. Les Vél'in and Opale Vélo Services are a few services where you can get a bike for rent.
- By Car: Cars are the most feasible option to travel around the city. The town has several car parking areas, both paid and free.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Calais and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
- How to Reach Cities Near Calais
- How to reach Amiens
- How to reach Dieppe
- How to reach Honfleur
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Versailles
- How to reach Reims
- How to reach Loon-plage
- How to reach Haubourdin
- How to reach Canteleux
- How to Reach Top Cities in France
- How to reach Angers
- How to reach Tours
- How to reach Rennes
- How to reach Le Mans
- How to reach Carcassonne
- How to reach Menton
- How to reach Mareuil-sur-ourcq
- How to reach Saint-paul-cap-de-joux
- How to reach Fressines
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Barcelona
- How to reach Garnett Settlement
- How to reach Pauline
- How to reach Cezarina