Town Hall Of CalaisCurrently Closed
- Address: Mairie, Place du Soldat Inconnu, 62100 Calais, France
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +33-321466200
- Ticket Price: 6 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Located at the heart of the city, this spectacular monument is one of Calais’ finest landmarks. Built to commemorate the merging of the two cities Calais and Saint Pierre, the construction started in 1911 but was delayed because of the Great War and got completed only in 1925.
- The architecture is distinctively 15th century Neo Flemish, designed by the architect Louis Debrower.
- It's interiors houses old paintings, stained glass windows and an elaborate décor of the reception rooms.
- It's iconic 75m tall ornate brick clock tower can be seen from miles all around. The chimes here are one of the most beautiful and melodious in the north of France.
- Its best to visit the place during Christmas.
- Burghers of Calais stands just outside the town hall near the gardens.
- Located just a few minutes away from Gare de Calais Railway Station.
- Nearest Bus Stop: Alhambra: Lines 01, 02, 03, 04, 04, 05, 07, 12.
- Le Grilon
- Le Mercury
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Calais before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Calais and book an accommodation of your choice.
90.59% of people who visit Calais include Town Hall Of Calais in their plan
32% of people start their Town Hall Of Calais visit around 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Town Hall Of Calais
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Town Hall Of Calais