Canolly Canal, Calicut
Canolly Canal - A Quick Overview[Contribute/Review]
Address: Thrissur District, Chavakkad, Kerala, Calicut, India
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 9.7K times in trip plans
Water Body, Family And Kids, Boating
Using this route planner travel to your favorite place
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Canolly Canal, Calicut
The Canolly Canal is also referred to as the Elathur Kallai Canal and was named after Malabar Canolly who was responsible for commissioning its construction. The canal was constructed in 1848 and remained a popular and busy trading port till the late 1950s. The entire width of the canal varies from around 20 to 65 feet.
Most tourists and locals opt for a boat ride down the canal which is the best way to tour the area.
Canolly Canal Information
- Recommended time to visit is from October to March.
- Carry plenty of water and food and also camera for capturing scenic view.
- Summers in Kozhikode are warm and humid.
- The maximum temperature during the season is around 37 and 39 degrees Celsius.
How To reach Canolly Canal by Public Transport
- Well-connected by trains.
- Buses ply to the destination.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Calicut before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Calicut and book an accommodation of your choice.