Canolly CanalCurrently Open
- Address: Thrissur District, Chavakkad, Kerala, Calicut, India
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Water Body, Family And Kids, Boating
Canolly Canal - Review
The Canolly Canal is also referred to as the Elathur Kallai Canal and was named after Malabar Canolly who was responsible for commissioning its construction. The canal was constructed in 1848 and remained a popular and busy trading port till the late 1950s. The entire width of the canal varies from around 20 to 65 feet.
Most tourists and locals opt for a boat ride down the canal which is the best way to tour the area.
Canolly Canal Information
- Recommended time to visit is from October to March.
- Carry plenty of water and food and also camera for capturing scenic view.
- Summers in Kozhikode are warm and humid.
- The maximum temperature during the season is around 37 and 39 degrees Celsius.
How To reach Canolly Canal by Public Transport
- Well-connected by trains.
- Buses ply to the destination.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Calicut before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Calicut and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Canolly Canal
95% of people who visit Calicut include Canolly Canal in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
57.83% of people start their Canolly Canal visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Canolly Canal
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Canolly Canal