Events and Festivals in Calicut
- Malabar Mohotsav: Celebrated by the tourism department, it is the largest fest in the area. It is a five day event with events that representthe arts and music of the area.
- Mahavishnu Festival: A huge procession with percussion music and elephants is the attraction of this festival. Many cultural events happen too
- Echoes: This is the cultural fest of IIM, Kozhikode.
- Shivaratri: Shivratri is huge celebration in Kozhikode during the month of February and the lord is worshipped in various forms.
- Thacholi Manikkoth Temple Festival: this traditional festival is celebrated very grandly in the area.
- Pooram: it is an annual festival dedicated to Kali and Durga, the female shakti.
- Kathakali festival: It is a classical dance festival in Calicut. Although not an annual festival, it is on its verge of becoming a regular event in the calendar – so including it in your vacation planner shouldn’t be hard.
- Jalotsavam: Presenting three water fiestas, Jalotsavam is a Festival that is a part of the Onam celebration in the Malabar area.
- Shivarathri Utsavam: Celebrated to honour Lord Ganesha, this festival takes place at Thiruvangoor Sri Mahaganapathy temple which is 18 kms from the city.
- Ragam: A famous college festival in NIT Calicut, Ragam hosts thousands of students every year with more than 80 events.
- Revathi Pattanamam: It is an medieval tradition that still continues in Kerala. It is an assembly of Vedic scholars.
- Christmas: Not only the Christian community but the entire city lights up in Christmas.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Calicut