How to Reach Calicut
How to reach Calicut
- By Air: Calicut International airport is located at Karipur, 26 kilometres from Calicut. Flights to all the major Indian cities and Middle Eastern countries run from Calicut.
- By Train: The Kozhikode Railway station is well connected to Railway cities in India. It is a big Railway station with frequent trains – a popular entryway that you can use to plan your trip to Calicut.
- By Taxi: Private Taxis can be hired from major cities to reach Kozhikode.
- By Road: National Highway 212, 213 and 17 connect Kozhikode to other cities. Jungle stretches and scenic roads make this drive a very pleasant one.
- By Bus: Kerala State Road Transport Corporation provides bus transport to major cities in Kerala and other states form Kozhikode. Mofussil Bus station, KSRTC bus stand and Palayam bus station are the three major bus stations in the city.
- By Bus: Getting around to tourist place in a bus in Kozhikode is the best option. Private as well as government buses operate through the cities.
- By Car: Cars can be hired from car agencies with a chauffeur or without one. You’ll need an identity proof and a driver’s license.
- By Taxi: Taxis with reasonable rates are available in the city. Bargain with the travel agent before settling on a cost - but it’s actually one of the most convenient ways of getting around Calicut tourist attractions.
- By Monorail: A monorail project has been undertaken in the city in the year 2012.
Modes of Transportation in Calicut
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Calicut. The most preferred mode of transport in Calicut is Bus/Trolleybus.
Average distance: 25 km Average time: 70 min
Bus/Trolleybus 50%Bus 75 min Waiting 5 min Walking 5 min Overall average time for 35 kms 85 min
Walking 25%Walking 25 min Other 10 min Bike 5 min Overall average time for 5 kms 40 min
- Other Cities
- How To Reach Digha
- How To Reach Bikaner
- How To Reach Gangtok
- How To Reach Tirupati
- How To Reach Port Blair
- How To Reach Kollam
- How To Reach Lansdowne
- How To Reach Munnar
- How To Reach Coimbatore
- How To Reach Arambol
- Nearby Cities
- How To Reach Agra
- How To Reach Leh
- How To Reach Mumbai
- How To Reach Delhi
- How To Reach Amritsar
- How To Reach Chennai
- How To Reach Jaipur
- How To Reach Panaji
- How To Reach Varanasi
- How To Reach Mount Abu