Events and Festivals in Cambridge, United Kingdom
Events and Festivals in Cambridge
- Cambridge Science Festival: Sticking to tradition, Cambridge constantly explore scientific developments and research, focusing on structures and patterns this year with over 250 inspiring talks, films, debates and hands-on activities. For those who love science, this festival will titillate you to no end! With a long list of distinguished professionals in the field, this is one of the imminent Science festivals in the world.
- Strawberry Fair: This is a not for profit, volunteer run fair, where traders come to sell their wares as bands play music and kids jump on bouncy castles. With a 40 year old history, this fair focuses on community spirit and stays clear of any kind of government or corporate funding. Meaningful and brilliant fun at the same time.
- Midsummer Fair: Join this ancient fair as it brings joy as it has been to the city for over 800 years, making it a Cambridge institution. It’s an all-out parade of fun, with carnival food and fun rides that last throughout the day. You can bring out the child in you and attack a bumper car or just indulge in your favourite sinful treat as the sun sparkles over the River Cam.
- Cambridge Folk Festival: Cambridge Folk Festival, one of the premier music events in Europe and one of the longest running and most famous folk festivals in the world, celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2014. With phenomenal artists such as Ani DiFranco, Joan Baez, The Proclaimers, The John Butler Trio and many, many more having played at this stage, this festival is a must see if you’re in town in.
- Cambridge Shakespeare Festival: To go or not to go? That’s not even a question here! This festival has become a significant cultural festival over the years and attracts up to 25,000 lovers of literature and theatre. Before the plays start, visitors usually lounge around the gorgeous green grass before sitting back and enjoying a dynamic and highly visual performance. The best part is you don’t need to be acquainted with any of the author’s plays to enjoy yourself, so everyone is welcome.
- Cambridge Film Festival: Movie buffs will love this festival and its array of award winning productions. This festival is the third longest running film festival in the UK and has a special connection with director Woody Allen. The director has premiered many of his movies at this very festival. Other UK premieres at the Festival have included Quentin Tarantino's Reservoir Dogs in 1992, Pirates of the Caribbean starring Jonny Depp and Jim Jarmusch's Broken Flowers with Bill Murray.
- Festival of Ideas: Established in 2008, this is any debaters dream. With guest speakers that have included Quentin Blake and Richard Dawkins, its aims to celebrates the arts, humanities and social sciences by showcasing a diverse mix of inspirational talks, performances, films, exhibitions and other creative displays.
- Christmas: Christmas is special in Cambridge, though there’s not much snow but when there is, this pretty little university town looks like it’s straight out of a fairytale. Christmas carols will through the air and the smell of delicious savouries will fill up your nose as you walk through the town. Pantomimes, comedy, lights and laughter will fill your Christmas day.
Trip plans for Cambridge
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Cambridge
Cambridge Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Cambridge
Private Cambridge Punting Tour New on TripHobo
Duration: 50 Mins
Sit back, relax and enjoy the views from the comfort of your own punt.Your private chauffeured punt tour for up to 6 people w...Book Now
Save 8%Cambridge City Tour New on TripHobo
Duration: 2 Hrs 30 Mins
It covers the majority of the sights and follows a squiggly line taking in Midsummer Common, Stourbridge Common, Eights Rowin...
Save 8%Granchester Tour New on TripHobo
Duration: 2 Hrs 30 Mins
Meeting at Parker's Piece your guide will take you from the Reality Checkpoint to the bikes. Once you are all fitted and read...
Save 6%Bike and Punt New on TripHobo
Duration: 2 Hrs 30 Mins
Take a trip through Cambridge by bike. See the rowing culture of the city, famous colleges and iconic views. After the ride w...
- Events & Festivals in Northampton
- Events & Festivals in London
- Events & Festivals in Canterbury
- Events & Festivals in Southampton
- Events & Festivals in Bath
- Events & Festivals in Bristol
- Events & Festivals in Leeds
- Events & Festivals in Manchester
- Events & Festivals in Chester
- Events & Festivals in Edinburgh
- Events & Festivals in Liverpool
- Events & Festivals in St Andrews
- Events & Festivals in Plymouth