Cameron Highlands Tourism
A resort town located at about 200 kilometres from Malaysia’ capital Kuala Lumpur. The country’s most vastly spread hill station is a popular tourist destination for all the right reasons. Its proximity to the capital, a plethora of things to do and see, superb climate throughout the year and some of the most sought-after accommodations, are some prime reasons why Cameron Highlands is a favourite getaway for many.
Featuring some of Malaysia’s most-exclusive tea plantations, lavender gardens, strawberry farms and moss forests, Cameron Highlands is sheer bliss. Rent a car, or better yet rent a bike and explore the eight neighbourhoods of this vast hill station spread across a whopping 712km², which is almost as big as Singapore, is ought to be one of your most cherished vacations. With the sun playing peek-a-boo with the clouds here, walking around Cameron Highlands, albeit with an umbrella will win you!
A fun place for families or groups, where you can get your own car or hire a 10-seater charter van and indulge altogether is some adventure activities or hike up the lush mountains, and waterfalls. The diverse population here will give you the perfect global vibe amidst authentic Malaysian landscapes, only enriching your experience further.
Whether you seek solitude, leisure with friends and family or an adrenalin rush, Cameron Highlands has it all!
Essential travel information and Cameron Highlands tips for your visit
- Time Zone- Mountain Standard Time; UTC+08:00
- Currency- Malaysian Ringgit
- Electricity and Internet- The voltage is 240V/ 50Hz. Internet in the form
- of wi-fi is available at most of the hotels, restaurants and places of interest.
- Languages- Malay, Mandarin, Tamil and English are the languages spoken in Cameron Highlands.
- Security- Dial 999 from a landline / 112 from a mobile telephone for police and ambulance, 994 from a landline / 112 from a mobile telephone for fire
- Off-beaten Path- NA
- Tipping- It is not customary to tip; however, not refused.
- Tourist Traps- NA
- Customs- NA
Cameron Highlands Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Cameron Highlands. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Cameron Highlands trip planner.