Mosteiro De Sao Joao68 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Av. Dr.Adhemar de Barros, 330 - Bela Vista, Campos doJordao - SP, 12460-000, Brazil, Campos Do Jordao Map
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:45 pm Details
- Phone: +55-1236731060
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Family And Kids, Lake, Nature
This monastery of Benedictine nuns is like something out of a fairy tale. Found on the way to the Boa Vista palace, the cloister is nestled away inside a forest, beside pretty gardens and a pretty lake. The estate blends in utter harmony into its surroundings. But visitors are here for more than the scenery. Every day, in the Chapel of St. John the Baptist, the nuns sing their Gregorian chants. Sometime they sing in Latin, or in Greek, or in Portuguese. Regardless of language, the haunting music’s soft tranquillity enchants every visitor, often leaving them in a trance. The nuns sustain their activities by making sweets. You can buy these and other gifts at their shop.
How to Reach Mosteiro De Sao Joao
- Drive to here; ask locals for directions.
- Ask locals for public transport info.
- Take a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Campos Do Jordao before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Campos Do Jordao and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Mosteiro De Sao Joao Address: Av. Dr.Adhemar de Barros, 330 - Bela Vista, Campos doJordao - SP, 12460-000, Brazil, Campos Do Jordao
- Mosteiro De Sao Joao Contact Number: +55-1236731060
- Mosteiro De Sao Joao Timing: 09:30 am - 05:45 pm
- Best time to visit Mosteiro De Sao Joao(preferred time): 10:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Mosteiro De Sao Joao: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
23.21% of people who visit Campos Do Jordao include Mosteiro De Sao Joao in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
61.9% of people start their Mosteiro De Sao Joao visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Mosteiro De Sao Joao
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mosteiro De Sao Joao
People normally club together Ducha De Prata and Fabrica De Cerveja Baden Baden while planning their visit to Mosteiro De Sao Joao.