High Court Of AustraliaCurrently Closed
- Address: Parkes Place, Canberra, 2600, Australia
- Timings: 09:45 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +02-62706811
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Court
Situated in an impressive building, the High Court of Australia is a must visit for people who are interested in understanding the Law and Justice system in Australia. The 24 m high ceiling gives the feeling of being in a larger than life, statuesque building. One can visit the court's three courtrooms and see the impressive artworks depicting the development of the Australian nation and its constitution. The High Court-National Gallery precinct is on the National Heritage List for the outstanding design of its late twentieth century civic buildings, and cohesive landscape setting.
- Please check the Court calendar before planning your visit. If the Court is sitting, you are welcome to watch proceedings.
- A Court Guide is available in each courtroom to provide information about the history, role and function of the High Court and its architecture.
- The building is accessible by ACTION buses (routes 2 or 3 weekdays and 934 or 935 on weekends) and is also close to the lakeside cycle path.
- The Chambers Cafe
- Water’s Edge
- Column Restaurant at the National Press Club
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Canberra before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Canberra and book an accommodation of your choice.
53.02% of people who visit Canberra include High Court Of Australia in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
43.97% of people start their High Court Of Australia visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see High Court Of Australia
59.71% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting High Court Of Australia
Fantastic place to visit. So much national history has occurred here. Staff are very friendly and helpful explaining the finer details. Just gutted they charge for parking. It's a national disgrace for domestic visitors.
Came all the way from Qld, only here on a Saturday. Turns out that's the only day the place isn't open. Way to make the place accessible to visitors, you clowns.
The snack bar has great food and the bar has great beer nuts and have a huge selection of beer on tap! Definitely coming back next year for a holiday!
The building suits it's purpose, well worth a visit
My Canberran friend took me there on 1st of May, 2018. The court is not busy as its earliest hearing would only fall on May 8, 3018. The activities I witnessed inside were tourist or knowledge transfer - related!