How to Reach Canberra, Australia
The Easiest Way to Reach Canberra
- By Air: Being the capital of Australia, there is an international airport making it a great place to start your Australian experience. Canberra International Airport is the place where all flights land off from all other Australian capital cities.
- By road: There are taxis (Canberra Cabs) and a regular bus service which runs frequently (except between midnight and 6am weekdays and after 7pm on Sundays and public holidays).
- By Train: There are trains which runs from Sydney to Canberra thrice a day that is on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. Only on Tuesday ,Thursday and Saturday it comes twice.
- You can also hire a car at the airport if you like to get around in the city.
Are you looking for a Canberra travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Canberra
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Canberra. The most preferred mode of transport in Canberra is Car.
Average distance: 13.56 km Average time: 23.19 min
Car 62.5%Driving 20.4 min Walking 1.07 min Overall average time for 16.4 kms 21.47 min
Bus/Trolleybus 12.5%Bus 17.83 min Waiting 4 min Walking 3.33 min Other 0.67 min Overall average time for 9.58 kms 25.83 min
Motorbike 2.08%Motorbike 20 min Overall average time for 15 kms 20 min
Bike 12.5%Bike 27.67 min Overall average time for 9.78 kms 27.67 min
Walking 8.33%Walking 20.75 min Driving 3 min Bike 2.5 min Overall average time for 3.53 kms 26.25 min
How to Reach Canberra from Nearby Cities
|Harrison to Canberra||8.08 km||8 mins|
|Farrer to Canberra||9.46 km||9 mins|
- How to reach Bonython
- How to reach Mittagong
- How to reach Wagga Wagga
- How to reach Wattle Ridge
- How to reach Wollongong
- How to reach Bullaburra
- How to reach Sydney
- How to reach Carlingford
- How to reach Gillenbah
- How to reach Melbourne
- How to reach Adelaide
- How to reach Geelong
- How to reach Perth
- How to reach Surfers Paradise
- How to reach Gold Coast