National Gallery Of Australia, Canberra
About National Gallery Of Australia, Canberra
National Gallery Of Australia, Canberra - Address, Phone Number
Address: Parkes Pl., Parkes, Canberra, ACT 2600
Time Required: 02:30 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 4.5K times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Art Gallery, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The National Gallery has a number of priced exhibits that intrigue a visitor for hours.The artwork from Monet, Rembrandt and Picasso are the show stoppers at the museum. One can spend the better part of the day at this magnificent museum. There are some superlative aboriginal works on display and the sculpture garden is pretty beyond words.
National Gallery Of Australia Information
- Strollers are available at the cloakroom for use only within the Gallery.
- Highchairs are available in the spacious eating area in the Cafe.
- Wheechair access available.
- Photography or video is not permitted anywhere in the Gallery.
- Food and drink are not permitted in any exhibition area.
- The permanent collection is free entry. There might be an entry fee for the temporary exhibtions.
How To reach National Gallery Of Australia by Public Transport
- The stop at King Edward Terrace is the closest one to the National Gallery.
Restaurants Near National Gallery Of Australia
- Gallery Cafe
- The Street Cafe
- Sculpture Garden Cafe
- Members Lounge
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Canberra before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Canberra and book an accommodation of your choice.
National Gallery Of Australia, Canberra Reviews - Write a Review
A national treasure. Brilliant place to visit, even if you're a local/have seen it before. Recently went to go to the 'Hyperreal' exhibition, which was incredible. It's free to visit most of the galleries - need to buy tickets to come along to the traveling exhibitions, though I've always found them very worthwhile.
A world class gallery. I love visiting the permanent collection at the National Gallery which is as thoughtful in its range as it is extensive. I love meandering through the beautiful building and as entry is free I know I can skip over parts without feeling like I'm not getting value for my visit. It's a bit of a family tradition but I always end each visit with a light meal in the excellent restaurant. The new acquisition of the Ned Kelly series is a must see.
Great variety of art work. Lovely building and venue. Exits and information on displays are poorly sign posted. Helpful staff.
Excellent no hassle visit. There was no over the top security & the paintings are interesting with some famous works. Friendly staff & the restaurant though basic is fine.
Went to see hyper real. It was amazing. The gallery always has something amazing on. The staff are friendly and the place just looks and feels nice.
- Nearby Attractions
- National Arboretum
- Canberra Museum And Gallery
- Wattle Park Uniting Church
- Canberra Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Canberra
- What to See in 48 Hours in Canberra
- What to See in 72 Hours in Canberra
- How to Spend 5 Days in Canberra
- How to Spend 6 Days in Canberra
- How to Spend 7 Days in Canberra