National Portrait GalleryCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: King Edward Terrace, Canberra, 2600, Australia
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +612-61027000
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Photo Gallery
National Portrait Gallery - Review
An amazing tribute to all the personalities that have shaped the country of Australia, a visit to the National Portrait Library will provide an exceptional insight to the visitors about people who have had a big role in Australia’s progress.
There are film screenings and art talks that take place in the museum and make for an interesting education. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Canberra itinerary 1 day.
National Portrait Gallery Information
- Wheelchairs and strollers are available, bookings are recommended.
- Large bags and backpacks cannot be taken into the Galleries but the Cloakroom is available for their storage during your visit. Due to copyright restrictions no cameras or mobile phones are to be used in the galleries.
- For bus timings visit ACTION buses website.
National Portrait Gallery Ticket Prices
- Entry is free except for major exhibitions.
How To reach National Portrait Gallery by Public Transport
- King Edward Tce train station before Bowen Drive and The Parkes place is nearest to the gallery.
- ACTION bus routes 2, 3, and 934 run from the various city centres past this Gallery regularly.
Restaurants Near National Portrait Gallery
- Portrait Gallery Cafe
- Waters Edge
- Sculpture Garden Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Canberra before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Canberra and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting National Portrait Gallery
95% of people who visit Canberra include National Portrait Gallery in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
64.43% of people start their National Portrait Gallery visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see National Portrait Gallery
54.81% of people prefer walking in order to reach National Portrait Gallery
National Portrait Gallery Map
National Portrait Gallery Trips
National Portrait Gallery, Canberra Reviews
Visited the interesting permanent collection which is a potted history of Australia. Good quality. Also paid $10 to do the virtual reality International Space Station docking and return to Earth which was great but would have benefitted from chairs that move to match what is going on. Lunch at the very popular cafe there was good value and tasty.
Wish I'd had more time and not aching feet! It is great to have available the short histories of the Australians portrayed. Both the subjects and artistic styles are many and varied, something for everyone!
Visiting as part of a tour and enjoyed the collections of photos and contemporary art pieces. Beautifully designed, near city center. We arrived by bus but one also walk. It's a good place for a functional visit. We were catered as well as part of the tour. Great experience as we had the gallery to ourselves.
I went to the "Cartier" exhibition. Very well laid out and easy to get around. Our tour guide was great. I look forward to going back to see more of the gallery
Outstanding museum showcasing exceptional portrait collection both historical and modern. The extensive selection of photos and paintings by Australian and International Artists were truly a great joy to see. The museum is mostly free except for the featured collections. It's only a few minutes walk from the National Gallery and the National Library. It features a nice cafe for you to sit and enjoy a cup.
All QuestionsNational portrait gallery
- Dom Katechetyczny
- Muzeum Im. A. Kłosińskiego
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Najdroższej Krwi Pana Jezusa
- Parafia Rzymsko-Katolicka P.w. Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka. Wikarówka
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Małgorzaty I Katarzyny
- Łukasz Błaszków
- Parafia Rzymsko-Katolicka Pw. Swiętej Małgorzaty I Świętej Katarzyny
- Dworzec Autobusowy
- Rejestracja Video Flisowski Stefan
- Urząd Miasta - Naczelnik Skierniewice
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Garnizonowa Wniebowzięcia NMP
- Miejski Ośrodek Kultury
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Jakuba Apostoła
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa