Are you looking for what to do in Canberra?
PLACES TO SEE
There is lot to see in Canberra and something to suit everyone.
- Black Mountain Tower: This is an absolute must watch tourist attraction from where you can see incredible 360° views of Canberra, day or night.
- Cockington Green Gardens: This is another great stop where you can experience Miniature icons of all around the world.
- Australia’s National Botanic Garden: If you are a nature lover then you should surely visit this garden. Here you can hear indigenous birds sing, learn all about Australia’s weird and wonderful plant life and explore winding paths.
If you visit the National Museum in Australia, then be prepare to see Greg Chappell’s cricket cap, Captain Cook’s magnifier and learn about Australia’s fascinating history on the way.
- National Museum of Australia: It has collections of some important items which has helped the city development from all point of perspectives.
- National Zoo and Aquarium: The land consists of 7 hectares and is only about 5 minutes from the center of Canberra. Many wild varieties of both native and exotic animals are there in zoo and aquarium .The largest inland saltwater tank in Australia is present in this aquarium.
Canberra Hangouts Places
- Rugby Union Club: Here you will find stylish decor and a wide range of wines and beers. Enjoy the sip of beer and wine in the relaxing atmosphere. The pub is situated very close to the Parliamentary triangle and Kingston.
- University Bar: One of the oldest and popular live venues you will find here . The location is central and convenient, thus you can attend any event here from CD launches, local indie gigs and all types of live entertainment.
- Benchmark Wine Bar: If you are a wine lover, look no further. They have above 100wines by the glass and over 400 by the bottles. The menu is French and European.
- Casino Canberra: if you are looking for world class casino facilities, this is for you. You can play any casino game from Roulette, blackjack, poker, money wheel and plenty others. There is also live entertainment on Saturdays and Fridays.
Below we have a list of things to do in Canberra and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Canberra getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Canberra with confidence.