Visit Cancun - Best of Cancun
Cancun is a beautiful city in the South of Mexico. Located in the State of Quintana Roo, the place is engulfed in picturesque beaches of every kind. The pristine beaches and the amazing marine life together make Cancun excursions idyllic. Blue water, white sands, green palms and a whole lot of history and culture make trips to Cancun memorable ones. The turtles, dolphins, sharks as well as several other species of coastal animals as well as birds adorn this place. The country is blessed with astonishing natural wealth and Cancun is a storehouse of it.
But it isn’t just what is in Cancun but also what is around it that makes it so popular. The city is a sort of a tourism hub. Mexico has a very rich Mayan heritage with several of their stone structures still dotting the landscape. Several of the Mayan historic sites are within a few hours of Cancun. As a result a lot of the tourists prefer to stay here and travel to the neighboring places.
Cancun itinerary must include Chichen Itza, Tulum, Playa de Carmen and Isla Mujeres. Cancun was a part of the ancient Mayan civilization and is still considered the gateway to El Mundo Maya (the Mayan World). Easily accessible by bus or hired taxi, these sites add to the city’s natural beauty and make Cancun an exotic location for tourism. Holidays in Cancun are indeed one of the best vacations you can have. If you’re looking for a place with great weather, pumping nightlife, many accommodation options and some of the coolest activities in Mexico, Cancun is where you want to be. Home to the world’s second largest barrier reef, Cancun is an ideal place for scuba diving and snorkeling. Some of the most beautiful beaches in the world are in and around Cancún making it Latin American’s most important leisure destination. Each one of you should explore things to do in Cancun at least once and experience all that it has to offer considering the best time to visit Cancun.
Cancun Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Cancun tips for your visit
· Time Zone: Cancun follows the UTC/GMT -5 hours. Daylight Saving Time (DST) changes do not necessarily occur on the same date every year.
· Currency: The currency operational in Cancun is Mexican peso.
· Electricity: The standard Cancun electricity supply is 110 volts. Hotels usually offer voltage converters for 220 volt devices. Many sockets do not accept polarized or three-prong plugs so it is recommended that you bring your own adapter but you can usually buy these in the hotel shop.
· Internet: Axtel is a large company that offers Internet service throughout Mexico along with other digital services. You can get high speed internet facilities in almost all the hotels that you stay in here.
· Language: The predominant language spoken in Cancun is Spanish.
· Emergency contacts: Police- 884-1913, Tourist Information: 884-8073, Medical Help: 871-2052
· Tipping: The average tip for service is 10-15% and one or two dollars per suitcase carried. Always check your bill first as tips may already be included.
· Mexico has very strict laws when it comes to defacement of currency. No bills that have been torn can be passed in Cancun—not even as tips or petty change.
· When shopping or clubbing, stay with the crowds. No city in the world should be walked alone at night. Even a safe place like Cancun is best explored in a group.
· One thing is to be remembered that sunscreen is only effective here if it is waterproof. It is highly unlikely that you will never get in the ocean or a pool, so think beyond your tan when protecting your skin.
Explore the travel itinerary planning tool for your visit to Cancun and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Travel to Cancun- Know before you go to Cancun
Facts and Stats for Cancun*
Pollution Statistics in Cancun
Know the pollution level of Cancun before you plan your visit.
Air Pollution 45.45 (Moderate)
Water Pollution 63.64 (High)
Noise and Light Pollution 43.18 (Moderate)
Unattended dirt and garbage 52.27 (Moderate)
Drinking Water Pollution and Inaccessibility 47.73 (Moderate)
Dissatisfaction with Garbage Disposal 38.64 (Low)
Dissatisfaction to Spend Time in the City 31.82 (Low)
Dissatisfaction with Green zones and parks 40.91 (Moderate)
Cancun: Crime and Safety
How safe is Cancun for tourists? Understand risks and safety concerns that can hamper your travel experience in Cancun.
Burglary and Theft 48.39 (Moderate)
Mugging and Robbery 42.74 (Moderate)
Assault and Armed Robbery 38.71 (Low)
Corruption and Bribery 70.97 (High)
Car Stealing 32.26 (Low)
Robbery of Car belongings 37.1 (Low)
Attacks 35.83 (Low)
Drug offense 52.42 (Moderate)
Safety walking alone during daylight 73.39 (High)
Safety walking alone during night 57.26 (Moderate)
Insulting and offensive behaviour 25.81 (Low)
Hate crime due to Racism, Religion, ethnic origin 19.35 (Very Low)
Property crimes and Vandalism 45.83 (Moderate)
Living in Cancun - Quality of Life
Safety Index 58.34 (Moderate)
Climate Index 77.7 (High)
Pollution Index 53.76 (Moderate)
Traffic Commute Time Index 35.29 (Moderate)
Cost of Living Index 34.79 (Very Low)
Health Care Index 74.31 (High)
Purchasing Power Index 58.67 (Low)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
Cost for Essentials in Cancun
Here's how much it will cost to shop in Cancun
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.06 USD
International Movie per seat 3.75 USD
Summer clothing in a chain store 23.55 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 77.07 USD
Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 39.38 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.
Cancun Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Cancun
Cancun Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Cancun
33 Reviews Duration: 2 Hrs 30 Mins
On a wave runner or speedboat for two, set off from Cancun on a breathtaking tour across the Nichupte lagoon. Ride through th...
USD 69Book Now
37 Reviews Duration: 2 Hrs 30 Mins
Escape the crowds in Cancun and enjoy a beautiful cruise on the Nichupte Lagoon. Feast on a delicious lobster and steak dinne...
USD 89Book Now
43 Reviews Duration: 30 Mins
Did you ever want to go parasailing but were afraid to do it alone? Imagine the feeling of soaring high above the Cancun hote...
USD 58Book Now
155 Reviews Duration: Flexible
To make the most of your Cancun vacation, be sure to book your private roundtrip transfers! Get to and from your hotel comfor...
USD 20.5Book Now
- Cities Near Cancun
- Playa Del Carmen Tourism
- San Crisanto Tourism
- Telchac Puerto Tourism
- Telchac Pueblo Tourism
- Motul Tourism
- Dzemul Tourism
- Chicxulub Tourism
- Xcunyá Tourism
- Flamboyanes Tourism
- Top cities from Mexico
- Mexico City Tourism
- Puerto Vallarta Tourism
- Oaxaca De Juarez Tourism
- Cabo San Lucas Tourism
- Ensenada Tourism
- Colima Tourism
- Tonatico Tourism
- Metepec Tourism
- Tenango De Arista Tourism
- Other Cities on TripHobo
- Paris Tourism
- Prague Tourism
- Rome Tourism
- Rio De Janeiro Tourism
- London Tourism
- Miami Tourism
- Commack Tourism
- Longdon Tourism
- Deidesheim Tourism