Cancun Underwater Museum3420 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: Blvd. Kukulcan Km. 15.3, Zona Hotelera, 77500 Cancun, QROO, Mexico
- Timings: 07:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +521-9988488312
- Ticket Price: 195 USD
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Museums, Sculpture
The Cancun Underwater Museum refers to the beautiful and eerie sculptures made by the artist Jason deCaires Taylor. Today, sculptures by other artists have also been added to the mix of underwate art. These underwater statues have all been preserved by the MUSA (Museo Subacuatico de Arte).
There is a series of varied figurines that have found a wonderful viewing place at the bottom of the ocean. The main aim behind this underwater museum is to truly show the unbreakable bond between art and nature through this very eccentric venture of underwater sculptures. There are possibly more than five hundred sculptures submerged underwater in this place.
Seeing these diving sculptures under the ocean amidst the marine life is surely a surreal experience that needs to be had at least once in a life time.
What makes this attraction quite unique is that you will have to go underwater to see and experience this underwater sculpture park. Move back to the things to do in Cancun page for all other attractions and activities. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Cancun itinerary 3 days.
Cancun Underwater Museum Travel Tips
- You will have to contact a local service provider for arranging the diving activities.
Entrance Ticket Details For Cancun Underwater Museum
- The prices vary greatly depending on the package. The most expensive package for Cancun Underwater Museum has been mentioned in the ticket price. But you will be able to find a lot of options.
Cancun Underwater Museum Hours
- The best time to go underwater to experiene sculpture park will be during day time.
How to Reach Cancun Underwater Museum
- Contact a tour diving operator who will take you to the location of statues underwater.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cancun before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cancun and book an accommodation of your choice.
63.45% of people who visit Cancun include Cancun Underwater Museum in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
58.59% of people start their Cancun Underwater Museum visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Cancun Underwater Museum
93.08% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cancun Underwater Museum
Cancun Underwater Museum Reviews & Ratings
For the underwater museum, how deep is the dive?Answer Report Abuse
The scuba diving at Cancun Underwater Museum is about 28 feet deep. You can get more information by visiting the official website of the museum.Report Abuse