Cave Of The Sleeping SharksCurrently Open
- Address: Off coast from Isla Mujeres, Los Manchones Reef, Quintana Roo Mexico, Cancun
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: 86 MXN
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
- Tags: Cave, Water Body, Family And Kids, Scuba
Cave Of The Sleeping Sharks - Review
The cave of the Sleeping shark is a unique place in the Maya Riviera. This place was only discovered in 1969 by a local fisherman. The man found this place while fishing for lobsters and was shocked to see one of the most curious sights you will ever see.
Sharks of several different species can be found here in this underwater cave. But the intriguing part is not the meeting of several sharks (which is rare enough). The weird part is that these sharks appear to be asleep. Scientists haven’t yet been able to figure out why these sharks behave in such a way at this natural wonder but the effect is simply mesmerizing. Nurse sharks are most commonly seen in the cave and although they are harmless it is still exhilarating to be able to swim so close to them.
This eerie place is a must visit especially for scuba diving enthusiasts. You need to be able to dive to actually reach this place so do keep that in mind.
Cave Of The Sleeping Sharks Information
- The place is right off the coast of Isla Mujeres so you can combine visits.
- It will take 30 minutes by boat to reach the place from isla mujeres.
- You can find local agencies which will take you there as well as provide equipment.
How To reach Cave Of The Sleeping Sharks by Public Transport
Take a ferry from Cancun to Isla Mujeres (30 minutes distance).
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cancun before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cancun and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Cave Of The Sleeping Sharks
58.47% of people who visit Cancun include Cave Of The Sleeping Sharks in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
56.79% of people start their Cave Of The Sleeping Sharks visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Cave Of The Sleeping Sharks
94.67% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cave Of The Sleeping Sharks
Cave Of The Sleeping Sharks Map
Cave Of The Sleeping Sharks Trips
Cave Of The Sleeping Sharks, Cancun Reviews
All QuestionsCave of the sleeping sharks
- Vermillion Promotions
- Well Christian Fellowship
- Rose Park
- Litchfield Park Historical Society
- The Well Fellowship Christian Church
- Coyner Airstrip
- County Of Maricopa
- Trinity Lutheran Church
- Desert Springs Community Church
- Litchfield Village
- US Shooter
- Pathway Bible Church
- Litchfield Park First Baptist Church
- Desert Joy Christian Fellowshp
- Litchfield Park Recreation Center