Chichen Itza3832 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Yucatan, Mexico, Cancun Map
- Timings: 08:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +52-9858510137
- Ticket Price: 111 USD
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Historical Site
Mexico’s historical legacy is rich and varied and the Mayans have left a stunning mark on the country with their beautiful stone structures. To travel to Cancun and to not see one of these magnificent constructions would be certainly missing out on the essence of this destination. Luckily, the Chichen Itza, one of these stunning relics of the Mayan period lies at a very accessible distance from the city. And it is not for nothing that this place is the second most visited place in Mexico.
The Chichen Itza is an ancient city that lies in the Yucatean Penninsula. This Place is a part of the Seven Wonders of the World. The gorgeous, 24 meter tall pyramid called El Castillo is a wonderful example of Mayan Architecture. It is simply amazing to see what the Mayans could do with simple tools and stone. The stone carvings are certainly pretty but what is spectacular is the arrangement of the stones on top of one another. There are several smaller pyramids and other stone structures to see around this place. How they did it all without all our modern tools, no one knows. But it is certainly a great experience to see this architectural feat!
The best way to enjoy this place will be to catch the sound at light show in the evening, the timings of which depend upon the season. Certainly a must visit if history attracts you enough! Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Cancun itinerary 3 days.
Chichen Itza Travel Tips
- It will take about 2 hours or so to reach Chichen Itza from Cancun by bus.
- Hiring a car to travel there you is a good option too.
- You can also take a tour through a local company. The cost of this will be around 450 pesos.
- Do not try to climb up the pyramid.
- The temperatures soar in summer so if you intend to go then, just try to schedule your visit early in the morning or in the evening.
How to Reach Chichen Itza
- Piste is the closest bus and train station.
- Hacienda Chichen-Vegetarian food
- Fonda-Mexican Food
- La Caridad Del Cobre-Mexican Cuisine
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cancun before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cancun and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Chichen Itza Address: Yucatan, Mexico, Cancun
- Chichen Itza Contact Number: +52-9858510137
- Chichen Itza Timing: 08:00 am - 04:30 pm
- Chichen Itza Price: 111 USD
- Best time to visit Chichen Itza(preferred time): 08:00 am - 01:00 pm
- Time required to visit Chichen Itza: 04:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
63.42% of people who visit Cancun include Chichen Itza in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
52.16% of people start their Chichen Itza visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Chichen Itza
92.1% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Chichen Itza
People normally club together El Castillo and Ik Kil while planning their visit to Chichen Itza.
People also prefer to start their day with Chichen Itza.