How to Reach Cancun
The Easiest Way to Reach Cancun
· By Air: The best way to reach is of course to take a flight to the Cancun International Airport. This busy airport has planes flying to it from all the major airports in the world. Just be sure to book in advance during the tourist season.
· By Cruise: Being a coastal city you can also opt for a cruise liner.
Getting around and to other cities from Cancun is easy and quite a few options are available.
· By Car: The most convenient and luxurious way to go about it is to hire a car. It may be expensive but having it at your disposal will make your sightseeing very easy. Cancun Taxi services are also readily available.
· Travel Agencies: Tourism is an important industry here so there are also a bunch of travel agencies that can arrange for Cancun bus tours for around 400 USD. You can try that as an option if you don’t want to rely on public transport or have the hassle of driving a car. However, you will have to choose the plan carefully so you can see everything you want to.
· By Bus: You can also easily reach most touristic sites via bus. But this might be slightly difficult to do at night so don’t opt for travelling by bus later in the day. Ferries will also take you to nearby areas like Isla Mujeres and Cozumel. They are fast and quite inexpensive too.
Modes of Transportation in Cancun
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Cancun. The most preferred mode of transport in Cancun is Car.
Average distance: 9.45 km Average time: 40.33 min
Car 50%Driving 15.67 min Overall average time for 7.87 kms 15.67 min
Bus/Trolleybus 16.67%Bus 40 min Waiting 10 min Walking 5 min Overall average time for 13.1 kms 55 min
Walking 33.33%Walking 55 min Driving 15 min Overall average time for 10 kms 70 min