Isla Mujeres, Cancun
About Isla Mujeres, Cancun
Isla Mujeres, Cancun - Address
Address: Isla Mujeres, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 35.3K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Island, Family And Kids, Water Sport, Picnic Spot, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Literally translated “the island of women”, Isla Mujeres is actually named after the several statues of the goddess Ixchel found here. What makes this island important to visit is that it is a part of the Mayan history of Mexico. About 13 kilometers away from Cancun, it lies in the same state as the city; Quintana Roo.
Understand how to see Isla Mujeres by making a quick plan using Cancun trip planner. This island is the perfect holiday destination in every way. The white pristine sand and the sunny sands are sure to please the travelers who visit here. What used to be a laid back fishing village is now a thriving tourist destination that has become one of the central attractions of Cancun. Tiny shops and restaurants dot the place for the benefit of the tourists. You can try scuba diving or snorkeling in the blue waters, or you can go fishing which is certainly a unique experience here. You can also choose from a variety of water sports in this place. Further, you can take an hour long boat ride to Isla Contoy from here if you are a nature lover. There is a wildlife sanctuary and bird park on its neighboring island.
Isla Mujeres Information
- You can either take a shared taxi (which is cheaper) or a private taxi from Cancun to the edge of the mainland, from there you can reach the island by ferry. The ferries depart at an interval of 30 minutes (around 70 pesos one way) .
- The contact number given is to the tourism office of Isla Mujeres.
- Do tip but in the local currency when you visits restaurants or hotels.
How To reach Isla Mujeres by Public Transport
- There are two different ferries to Isla Mujeres from Cancun- one in the hotel zone behind Fat Tuesday and one in Puerto Juarez in the downtown area.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cancun before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cancun and book an accommodation of your choice.
Isla Mujeres, Cancun Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Blue Cenote
- Capitan Dulche
- Kukulkan Blvd. Kukulkan, Kilometer 16.5
- Club Verano Beat Cancun
- Holiday Beach Del Puente, S.a. De C.v.
- Av Bacalar 19
- Cenote Yal-ku
- Seventh Day Adventist Church Cancun
- Boulevard Kukulcan
- Ah Cacao Chocolate Café (la Isla)
- Cancun Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Cancun
- What to See in 48 Hours in Cancun
- What to See in 72 Hours in Cancun
- How to Spend 5 Days in Cancun
- How to Spend 6 Days in Cancun
- How to Spend 7 Days in Cancun