Museo Maya De CancunCurrently Closed
- Address: Blvd. Kukulkan km 16.5, Zona Hotelera, 77500 Cancun, QROO, Mexico
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +52-9988853842
- Ticket Price: 3 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, History Museum, Cave, Family And Kids
Museo Maya De Cancun - Review
Opened in 2012, this massive museum has three giant exhibition halls of more than 4400 square feet each. Inside this museum, the central attractions consist of 14000 year old skeletal that remains recovered from underwater caves, ancient artefacts and other excavated exhibits that beautifully outline the history of the Meso-Americans. Closeby, an outdoor trail leads to some fascinating Mayan ruins, worth looking into even on a rainy day. The museum is elevated high above the sea to prevent destruction from natural elements. As the Cancún's original anthropology museum was shut down in 2006 due to structural damage from hurricanes, this new museum features hurricane-resistant reinforced glass. The price of admission includes access to the adjoining San Miguelito archaeological site. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Cancun itinerary 3 days.
Museo Maya De Cancun Information
- Pack a lot of loose peso’s so you can pick up neat stuff at the gift shop.
- There are storage facilities for any bags or package you might carry.
- Camera flash must be turned off.
- Credit cards not accepted. Bring cash in pesos, not USD.
- Item descriptions might not be translated to English properly.
Museo Maya De Cancun Ticket Prices
- The ticket price is inclusive of visit to both the museum and San Miguelito site.
- Children under 13 and adults over 60 years old receive free admission. On Sunday, admission is free to local residents with official identification.
How To reach Museo Maya De Cancun by Public Transport
- Hire a car to reach here.
Restaurants Near Museo Maya De Cancun
- Captain Cove
- Laguna Grill
- Savio’s Bistro
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cancun before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cancun and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Museo Maya De Cancun
83.33% of people who visit Cancun include Museo Maya De Cancun in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
39.22% of people start their Museo Maya De Cancun visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Museo Maya De Cancun
94.23% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Museo Maya De Cancun
Museo Maya De Cancun Map
Museo Maya De Cancun Trips
Museo Maya De Cancun, Cancun Reviews
The museum is built around a Mayan ruin, which is a nice touch. You can walk around outside the museum to see the ruins. The museum also have Mayan artifacts in display. Although many items only have Spanish descriptions. The parking lot is really small and get filled up very quickly. So taking a bus to go there is a good choice.
Close proximity to our hotel. Entrance cost $5 per person. Amazing outdoor natural jungle area with the original ruins. Only reason why I'm not giving five stars is because there were no English translations for descriptions of artifacts.
What a hidden gem! We went because it was close to the hotel and I am so glad we did. The museum is amazing, even though it is a bit small. The thing that made it stand out was the archaeological site that is attached to it. Who knew that our hotel, the Omni Cancun, was so close to Mayan ruins? I feel fortunate to have stumbled upon such a treasure!
An amazing place to go! For me, it was conveniently located right outside the Onni and the place seemed super serene and modern. A place I'd recommend to anyone
If there is nothing else to do probably worth going. Inside exhibitions are interesting and the outside walk areas around the ruins are very popular. Cheap entrance £2 and you can stay as long as you like.
All QuestionsMuseo maya de cancun
- The Whisky Shop Dufftown
- Dufftown Distillery Walk
- Nairn Beach Lochloy Holiday Park
- Mortlach Primary School
- Keith & Dufftown Railway Association
- Dufftown Library
- Joseph Brown & Sons
- Dufftown Tourist Information Centre
- Ballyhalbert Caravan Park
- Kingfisher Upvc South Wales
- D D Racing
- Green Lawn Social Club
- Schools Literacy & Resource Centre
- Helen O'Grady Childrens Drama Academy
- Pontypool & New Inn Railway Station