Museo Maya De Cancun1998 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Blvd. Kukulkan km 16.5, Zona Hotelera, 77500 Cancun, QROO, Mexico
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +52-9988853842
- Ticket Price: 3 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, History Museums, Cave
Opened in 2012, this massive museum has three giant exhibition halls of more than 4400 square feet each. Inside this museum, the central attractions consist of 14000 year old skeletal that remains recovered from underwater caves, ancient artefacts and other excavated exhibits that beautifully outline the history of the Meso-Americans. Closeby, an outdoor trail leads to some fascinating Mayan ruins, worth looking into even on a rainy day. The museum is elevated high above the sea to prevent destruction from natural elements. As the Cancún's original anthropology museum was shut down in 2006 due to structural damage from hurricanes, this new museum features hurricane-resistant reinforced glass. The price of admission includes access to the adjoining San Miguelito archaeological site. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Cancun itinerary 3 days.
Museo Maya De Cancun Travel Tips
- Pack a lot of loose peso’s so you can pick up neat stuff at the gift shop.
- There are storage facilities for any bags or package you might carry.
- Camera flash must be turned off.
- Credit cards not accepted. Bring cash in pesos, not USD.
- Item descriptions might not be translated to English properly.
Entrance Ticket Details For Museo Maya De Cancun
- The ticket price is inclusive of visit to both the museum and San Miguelito site.
- Children under 13 and adults over 60 years old receive free admission. On Sunday, admission is free to local residents with official identification.
How to Reach Museo Maya De Cancun
- Hire a car to reach here.
- Captain Cove
- Laguna Grill
- Savio’s Bistro
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cancun before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cancun and book an accommodation of your choice.
36.32% of people who visit Cancun include Museo Maya De Cancun in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
49.49% of people start their Museo Maya De Cancun visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Museo Maya De Cancun
92.8% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Museo Maya De Cancun
Museo Maya De Cancun Reviews & Ratings
Just checking that you are open during the coronavirus situation We want to visit November 4 ThanksAnswer Report Abuse